Tuesday, February 18, 2014

OLD SONGS SAY IT BEST

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Sometimes those “old songs” just say it best.
“Trust and obey
For there’s no other way
To be HAPPY in Jesus
But to trust and obey.”
I have a good buddy. We meet frequently. This year has been “bananas”for him. He has experienced a ridiculous amount of change both externally and internally. Internally I have been witness to a remarkable work of GOD that has given him the wisdom, strength and direction to handle all of the continuing external turmoil.
You see my friend, while surrounded for some time by believers in his inner circle, never truly embraced the “whole GOD thing” until just recently. Yet as his life circumstances began to crumble he came to a place of “real desperation”. And praise GOD when he didn’t know where else to look, he LOOKED UP. He found a voice that resonated. And he paused long enough to listen.
Oddly enough he discovered this voice of GOD sitting in his car listening to a daily message from a radio broadcast. Proving once again when we are ready to listen, GOD is always ready to speak into us!
Faithfully now he steps away from his work to glean the WORD he needs for that day in the sanctuary that is his car. And the transformation as I said has been remarkable.
Simplified, he is learning to TRUST and OBEY and has concluded, as the old song says, “there is no other way.”
He is staring a brutal couple of days in the face this week. Yet he is forging ahead; trusting, obeying and as his favorite pastor says, “leaving all the consequences to GOD.”
Psalm 56:3-4
I let go, depending securely upon You alone. In God—whose word I praise—in God I place my trust…
Pause and pray for my friend.
Yet we can learn a lot from him today.
He has shown me that circumstances don’t have the power to dictate over faith. That those trials are no match for trust!
That with faith and trust, coupled with conviction and obedience, the darkest of days have light and the toughest of trials can be overcome!
Psalm 31:14-15
But I am trusting you, O Lord. I said, “You alone are my God; my times are in your hands. Rescue me from those who hunt me down relentlessly…
And GOD will!
Perhaps you need to exercise a little trust and obedience in your life today. Maybe you have allowed your circumstances to dictate your next move, trip up your trust or sideswipe your faith.
Trust today!
Obey today!
There is no other way!
GOD will sidle up beside you and offer direction and a path! He will turn your trepidation to triumph and bring peace to this fearful path!
Trust Him!
Isaiah 26:3-4
You will keep the peace, a perfect peace, for all who trust in You, for those who dedicate their hearts and minds to You. So trust in the Eternal One forever, for He is like a great Rock—strong, stable, trustworthy, and lasting.
Have a blessed day…
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment