Tuesday, July 22, 2014

NO GRUMBLING PLEASE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Philippians 2:14 (ESV)
Do all things without grumbling…
That can be a tall order some days can’t it?

Circumstances can turn what was a pretty smooth day into a bumpy and challenging one.  Sometimes on a dime it seems. 

Did me yesterday. 
The day opened on such a “high” but after all of the phone calls, crisis situations, urgent texts, and unsolvable circumstances had taken their measure, I was a little “grumbly.”
I will admit it.

But GOD encourages us over and over again to not allow “grumbling” to seep into our psyche.  In fact He presses us toward being THANKFUL in all things. Yes, even the “things” that would seemingly deserve a little grumbling.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (ESV)
…give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

But I admit it. I fall victim to grumbling. 
And I am just guessing I am not the only one.

Yet if not kept in check, sometimes the stress of the work or the circumstances we navigate can lead to more grumbling than gratitude. And for that we have to be careful. 

Careful to not allow a lack of gratitude to cripple our spirits.

Comparisons and complaining can lead to discontentment and discouragement and can damage our walk with Christ.
"If we do not believe that we are deeply dependent on God for all we have or hope to have, the very spring of gratitude and faith runs dry." – JOHN PIPER

And God is never pleased with grumbling, ungrateful hearts. 
Ask the Israelites.

Conversely however, developing a heart of gratitude is essential to growing a stronger faith.  And STRONGER faith is what will see us through the challenging circumstances!  So stay grateful.
Colossians 4:2
Stay alert, with your eyes wide open in gratitude.

Will you join me and make the choice today to take our eyes off the circumstances and seemingly unsolvable problems and instead gratefully acknowledge who God is and what He is doing? 
Let’s deny ourselves the right to complain, embracing instead the deep-seated joy of gratitude. . . in all things.  Let's strengthen our faith by being grateful and allowing that gratitude to dictate what we say and do!

Psalm 50:23 (NLT)
But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me. If you keep to my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God.”

Psalm 19:14 (VOICE)
14 May the words that come out of my mouth and the musings of my heart meet with Your gracious approval, O Eternal, my Rock, O Eternal, my Redeemer.


I love you all.
Freedom Church
 
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment