Monday, July 7, 2014

SHARE THE GIFT




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (MSG)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how,

Romans 6:23 (MSG)
..."God’s gift" is real life, eternal life, delivered by Jesus…
This passage is on the back end of one that from other translations is a “little more familiar”.
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”  That is “King Jimmy’s”, or King James’ phraseology.

But today’s focus whether penned by Petersen or James is “GOD’S gift”; real life…eternal life.
I shared with you a couple of weeks ago the events leading up to my friend B.K. accepting the Lord in a local hospital.  Sadly on Thursday of last week, I eulogized my friend and said “see you soon”.
Today at about 11ish, another good friend’s body will be laid to rest; this one an amazing 96 year old spit-fire who followed Christ for 86 of those 96 years.

Yet whether it is my classmate who encountered the Lord in May of 2014 or the lovely “GAGA” who surrendered all those years ago, GOD has granted them the same amazing and wonderful gift.
Eternal life.
GOD loves to share that gift.

Whether we arrive early or we arrive late that gift, His mercy, His grace is always available. 24x7; 365.  We just need to accept it.
It brought hope to Thursday’s service.
It brings validation to an amazing life today.
That is a pretty amazing gift don’t you agree?

I know that there are not many who read or receive this DISPATCH who “haven’t already claimed” this amazing gift that B.K. and GAGA are sharing in as we speak.  I get that.  Most along this little distribution have made that commitment and accepted the LORD.  But I am equally confident that each of you know of someone who hasn’t.
Never forget GOD is patiently waiting for them.  Patiently waiting as they did B.K.
2 Peter 3:9
…(GOD) not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Yet GOD needs us to bring them to that place of repentance.
We need to be willing and ready to share this GIFT; this REAL life…eternal life!  Remember you have it.  Why not share it?

Look around you.  I know it is not easy to be bold.  I will be honest, the palms were sweaty and the butterflies were intense as I walked B.K. through his time of repentance. In fact I will be completely honest, without my wife’s diligent prodding, I might have backed off. I am not "good at sharing" either.
But I am so glad I didn’t cower.  

As a result I was able to SHARE in his gift on Thursday; to rejoice in his “newness” of life just as I will be able to do today for GAGA.
Makes days like Thursday and today so much easier.

So the thought today is this…
The gift of eternal life is to BE SHARED!  Jesus paid for it and gave it for distribution! 
“God is not saving the world; it is done. Our business is to get men and women to realize it.”  - Oswald Chambers

Who can you share it with today?
 
Have a blessed DAY!
I love you all
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney
 
 
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment