Thursday, July 31, 2014

WALK RIGHT UP

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Draw near to God with confidence…Keep in mind that God invites you to come close to him and welcomes you with great love… HOPLER
James 1:5-8
If you don’t know what you’re doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You’ll get his help, and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who “worry their prayers” are like wind-whipped waves. Don’t think you’re going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open.
This little passage has been popping up over and over again in the ministry of late.
People are “confounded” as to what to do next.
People are “confused” by what GOD is “doing”.
People are taking new steps in life and the apprehension and “anxiety” have them flummoxed.
People are just needing direction for the next step, the next plan, the next move.
To be honest, one of those people is me.
I think that is why I keep having this passage from James come back to mind.
The wisdom we all need is at the ready. GOD is there. GOD is willing and GOD desires to help. Why is it that we “don’t approach” Him with confidence?
He encourages it!
Hebrews 4:16
…let’s walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help.
I believe far too many times we allow the enemy to convince us that GOD “isn’t” interested or that GOD is too busy or that we have been “too bad” to confidently approach the THRONE of GOD. GOD says differently.
Jeremiah 29:13 (MSG)
“When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed.” God’s Decree.
Maybe you are like me right now with too many balls in the air; where your work has never been more “challenging” and the prospects for the future never seemingly brighter yet at the same time never cloudier. Maybe you too have lots of questions about what to do next or how to handle a particular situation.
GOD is encouraging, commanding us to SEEK HIM, APPROACH HIM, ASK HIM, “walk right up” to Him confidently in prayer for the help and the direction.
He says WE WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!
So I am trying to be less “wind-whipped” and worrisome. Not an easy trick for someone who has some “diagnosed” anxiety issues. But I am trying. This trusting thing is no easy trick for me, but GOD is infusing more confidence with each time I do!
So let me ask you. Are a little like me? A little apprehensive?
Let’s be bold today!
Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
He is ready to help us!
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

1 comment: