Monday, December 1, 2014

COME TO ME

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
December 1, 2014
New month.
 
A challenging season.
At least I know it is for many I encounter each day. 

For the homeless and impoverished Christmas-time can be overwhelming.  The joy, the lights, the sounds and smells are lost on someone who seemingly has nothing.
 
For my addicted friends Christmas can push all the wrong buttons. There are the enticing memories of “parties” or there are the haunting reminders that Christmas isn’t the same because of consequences.
 
Same holds true for my incarcerated friends.  The hope that is Christmas is lost in the reality of a difficult present.
 
Now I know you might be thinking this is a bit of downer first thing out of the chute this week, but the truth is for some Christmas is more oppressing than blessing.  And while I have targeted a few of those I intersect, you too may be feeling a little overwhelmed or ill equipped today; you too may need something to help you through even today.
 
Well I have that very thing.
A simple reminder.
 
It is prettily penned from the folks at Bethel and was shared yesterday by my friend Darris.
 
For GOD has something to say to those who are feeling pressured, under-equipped, "in over their head", and submerged in the chaos today.
 
“I am the Lord your God, I go before you now
I stand beside you, I’m all around you
Though you feel I’m far away, I’m closer than your breath
I am with you, more than you know
I am the Lord your peace, no evil will conquer you
Steady now your heart and mind, come into My rest
Oh, let your faith arise, lift up your weary head
I am with you wherever you go
Don’t look to the right or to the left but keep your eyes on Me
You will not be shaken, you will not be moved
I am the hand to hold, I am the truth, I am the way
Come to Me, I’m all you need.
Come to Me, I’m everything
I am your anchor, in the wind and the waves
I am your steadfast, so don’t be afraid
Though your heart and flesh may fail you, I’m your faithful strength
I am with you wherever you go
 
Matthew 11:28 “Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely…”
 
Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong. Take courage. Don’t be intimidated. Don’t give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He’s right there with you. He won’t let you down; he won’t leave you.”
 
Have a blessed day…

Love you.
FREEDOM CHURCH

No comments:

Post a Comment