Friday, December 12, 2014

"CRISIS-MAS"

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

‘Tis the season right?
Yet today I am not talking about the "'tis the season” for bows and baskets, toys and twinkles or Santa and sleighs.  Yes it is that time of year for sure.  
Yet in my line of work CHRISTMAS is sometimes replaced with “CRISIS-MAS”.

In the last 48 hours I have seen and talked with folks in CRISIS.  That is their "season".

One turned to drinking bath gel to ease her pain.  Another decided to over-medicate and almost not wake up.  We can’t forget the multiple folks who are in so far over their heads in need that they can’t fathom a present under the tree.
I know you folks don’t wish to hear these stories.  I know.
But friends we can’t ignore them and think they will go away.

A 19 year old little girl clings to life with both hands this morning as she tries to detox and do the right thing.  A grandma is on razors edge praying that her daughter will survive today in a severely abusive relationship.  A baby with fluid on its brain and a scared mom need prayer.
I could share more.

And that is not counting the ones waiting for judgments and for doors to treatment centers to open or the homeless who dot the floor of our shelter last night.
For some CHRISTMAS is “CRISIS-MAS”.

I ask then today, no rather I plead that you help me lift my family and friends with FREEDOM Ministries and the clients of the JEREMIAH TREE today.  I ask that you pray for those you may also know who are in "CRISIS-MAS".

Pray for fresh resources.

Pray that the sharing of "the season" will bring hope and affect change!

For that is the answer to “CRISIS-MAS” my friends!  It is the message of CHRISTMAS!
Luke 2:11 (ESV)
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a SAVIOR, who is Christ the Lord.

A SAVIOR who can restore hope!
A SAVIOR who can bring peace!
A SAVIOR who can ease pain!
A SAVIOR who can break the grip of addiction!
A SAVIOR who can break the oppression of homelessness!
A SAVIOR who can dispel the despondence, energize the HELP and POUR on GRACE to heal the hurting!
Psalm 42:5 (NASB)
Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God...
Job 5:19 (MSG)
From one disaster after another he delivers you; no matter what the calamity, the evil can’t touch you—

“The staunch belief on an invisible Almighty is the sole relief for a soul at the time of despair.” ― Anuj Somany

So it “‘tis the season” alright!
The season to: 
BELIEVE in its REASON!  

Can you share it with someone in CRISIS today?
 
I love you all.
Have a blessed weekend!
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment