Tuesday, December 23, 2014

TRUTH IS EVERYTHING

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Sorry I missed you all yesterday.  It was a long day of travel.  Up super early and home pretty late.  And quite a bit of my time was spent behind the wheel.

And as I drove there was some quiet time to reflect on our first “pre-Christmas” away from Xenia.  I will probably share a little about that tomorrow.

But it was in the quiet of a “tetrisy” packed minivan and as I passed from the Florida palms to the Georgia peanuts and the crew slumbered away, that I was reminded of something I had heard on Sunday while we wrapped things up at the Magic Kingdom.

“I am nothing, but truth is everything.”

It was a quote shared by Abraham Lincoln in the “HALL OF PRESIDENTS” attraction.  To be honest, we have not paused to pop into that attraction for years.  But we had a little extra time and decided to do so.  I am glad we did.

For I don’t remember hearing that little quote before.  I am sure it was said before (every 10 minutes since the doors opened I would suspect), but it hadn’t caught my attention before.
How profound a statement that was for me; I trust for you as well, especially those of us who have a relationship with the “TRUTH”.
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.

Hear what I am saying?

Jesus is our TRUTH.
He is our access to life.
He is our access to the FATHER!
Without the “TRUTH” we are indeed “nothing” as Lincoln surmised.  But with the TRUTH we have everything.
Think about it.

Since Jesus is our TRUTH, Jesus is our FREEDOM!
John 8:32 (AMP)
And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.

Since Jesus is our TRUTH, Jesus' SPIRIT GIFT is our GUIDE!
John 16:13 (ESV)
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth…

Since Jesus is our TRUTH, He holds our SPIRITUAL protection together!
Ephesians 6:14 (ESV )
Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of TRUTH…

So today, pause and thank JESUS for being our TRUTH.  We are daily surrounded by a misguided, crumbling, and binding culture.  Lift up a shout of praise that we are FREE from all of it thanks to…
…THE “TRUTH” which IS EVERYTHING.
 
Love you all…
Be blessed today…
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment