Friday, November 20, 2015

LEADER FLAG

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Remember playing follow the leader in school? 
How many of you consistently pushed your way to the front of the line to be the leader?
Come on. 
All of you “alpha-dogs” need to fess up. You wanted to be first, you wanted to carry the leader flag! You liked the idea of everyone else taking their cues from you and being behind you as much as you did the leading didn't you?

But let’s all be honest for a second, we all like that feeling of being in control; of calling the shots don’t we? Yet most times we are far better off to follow rather than lead. 
At least I am learning that more and more each day.

Daily I encounter situations and circumstances that I have no business trying to lead to a conclusion or a solution. Either I lack the needed experience or worse yet adequate wisdom for success. It is in those situations that I must be willing to follow and who better to follow than the LORD?
Time after time if instead of grabbing the leader flag and moving to the head of the line, I would pause, pray and see where GOD wanted to go with the situation and the direction He wanted to take, I would be so much better off! 
How much better off all of us would be!

For:
“God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray…” ― Holland

And He can’t if we don’t let Him take the leader flag and lead.

For when we are willing to step back from the challenge, the circumstance or the trial, when we are open to letting GOD lead, He is faithful to open the door, take us by the hand, offer the needed answers and direction and guidance! 

Psalm 37:23 (NIV)
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.
“Guidance, like all God's acts of blessing under the covenant of grace, is a sovereign act. Not merely does God will to guide us in the sense of showing us his way, that we may tread it; he wills also to guide us in the more fundamental sense of ensuring that, whatever happens, whatever mistakes we may make, we shall come safely home. Slippings and strayings there will be, no doubt, but the everlasting arms are beneath us; we shall be caught, rescued, restored. This is God's promise; this is how good he is.” ― J.I. Packer

And because He is so good, GOD loves it and doesn't belittle us when we call on Him for direction and help.  In fact He encourages it.
Hebrews 4:16 (MSG)
…walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the HELP.

More and more as I face my own challenges or wade into those faced by others seeking my help, I am learning that following is most certainly the WAY TO GO; that asking for help makes infinitely more sense! 

So I ask you: 
Is it time to hand over that little leader flag to GOD and let Him head up your efforts today? 
I am sure He knows which way to go, what to do next. He said so.
Psalm 32:8 (NIV)
I will teach you and tell you the way to go and how to get there; I will give you good counsel, and I will watch over you.

Let Him lead.

Have a blessed weekend…
I love you all!
FREEDOM CHURCH (CHAMPIONS NETWORK)

No comments:

Post a Comment