Monday, November 2, 2015

TIME TO PRAY

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“Prayer is the open admission that without Christ we can do nothing. And prayer is the turning away from ourselves to God in the confidence that He will provide the help we need. Prayer humbles us as needy and exalts God as wealthy” ― John Piper

If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. (John 15:5 NIV)

Are you praying this morning?

I know it is the second time I have asked you that but Piper makes a powerful point.  Whatever is on today’s agenda is hindered when we fail to pray.

Jesus also reminds us that if we will turn away from ourselves as Piper also suggests and rest in the confidence of GOD, our day will bear fruit; we will find success, peace, provision and opportunity. Yet if we venture out without Him our efforts are in vain.

We can “do” nothing.

I want today to be a good one don’t you?
Therefore why would I trust in…

My provision?
My wisdom?
My energy?
My resources?

I need to pray!  Then I can have confidence those “things” are covered!

“A prayerless Christian is like a bus driver trying alone to push his bus out of a rut because he doesn't know Clark Kent is on board.” – Piper (again)

That paints a picture doesn’t it?
Our pride, our arrogance or often our lack of faith in our exceedingly powerful and provisioned GOD will have us trying to sift through our days alone and uncovered straining to push our buses out of ruts.

Why do we do that when GOD reminds us…
…the prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective (James 5:16 NIV)

Clearly the message is super simple today.

Pray in the day.
Don’t proceed any further.
Pause.
Invite GOD into the day.
Connect.
Pursue.

Pray…

Take Him with you on the journey today.
Trust His wealth and provision to steady and sustain you.
Take any notions of being “self-sufficient” or that you have this “day covered” off the table and out of your head.

Humble yourself.
GOD will listen for you and to you.
He will.

…the Lord hears the good man (woman) when he calls to him (Psalm 34:7 LB)

“Father, I arise in faith today knowing that You hear and answer prayer. Because I bring my needs to You, I will walk in the peace of God that surpasses understanding, and it will guard my heart and mind. In stillness and quietness I will wait for You, and You will lead me in the way I should go. I trust you completely and wholeheartedly with today. In Jesus, Amen”

I love you ALL!
FREEDOM CHURCH (CHAMPIONS NETWORK)

No comments:

Post a Comment