Thursday, January 28, 2016

BOLDNESS

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
“The fear-filled cannot love deeply. Love is risky. They cannot give to the poor. Benevolence has no guarantee of return. The fear-filled cannot dream wildly. What if their dreams sputter and fall from the sky? The worship of safety emasculates greatness. No wonder Jesus wages such a war against fear.” ― Max Lucado
 
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control]. 2 Timothy 1:7 (AMP)
 
Jesus did say for us to “fear not” a lot; to have courage and give FREELY! 
Paul told us to LOVE unswervingly regardless of the risk.
 
What dreams have you put on hold due to fear?
Have you withheld loving for fear of getting hurt?
Have you chosen timidity instead of boldness?
When is the last time you GAVE with no thought of the quid pro quo??
 
GOD doesn't call the cowardly.  He doesn't inspire the timid.
He instead INJECTS soundness via the Holy Spirit into the CHRISTIAN.
He says be CALM, BALANCED, MINDFUL, POWERFUL, BOLD and CLEAR
 
You up for that today?

Merton once commented: 
“Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.” ― Thomas Merton
 
Desire to PLEASE GOD today?
 
Walk without fear.
Love BOLDLY!
Give BOLDLY!
Depend BOLDLY!
Lean BOLDLY!
SERVE BOLDLY!
 
Drake implored:
“Disturb us, Lord, when we are too well pleased with ourselves, when our dreams have come true because we have dreamed too little, when we arrive safely because we sailed too close to the shore.
 
Disturb us, Lord, to dare more BOLDLY, to venture on wider seas, where storms will show your mastery, where losing sight of land, we shall find the stars. We ask you to push back the horizon of our hopes, and to push us into the future in strength, courage, hope, and love.
 
Dare today.
Don’t fear today.
 
For:
 
...we have BOLDNESS and access with confidence through our faith in HIM. Ephesians 3:12 ESV
 
…the righteous are bold as a lion. Proverbs 28:1 ESV
 
…we have such a hope, we are very bold - 2 Corinthians 3:12 ESV
 
“If we don’t live a life of faith, boldness and conviction we need to examine our perception of God.”― Graham Cooke
 
BE BOLD!  
 
 
 
I love you ALL!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment