Thursday, January 11, 2018

18 for 18


Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



Sorry I missed you yesterday.  Pray that the day was a good one!



Psalm 18 (TPT)

you are salvation’s ray of brightness shining on the hillside,

always the champion of my cause.

All I need to do is to call to you,

singing to you, the praiseworthy God.

When I do, I’m safe and sound in you.

For when the ropes of death wrapped around me

and terrifying torrents of destruction overwhelmed me,

taking me to death’s door, to doom’s domain,

I cried out to you in my distress, the delivering God,

and from your temple-throne you heard my troubled cry.

My sobs came right into your heart

and you turned your face to rescue me.



One of my most treasured privileges is I get to serve as a member of the SAFE HARBOR HOUSE Board (www.safeharborhouse.org)



And it was at the outset of our meeting on Monday that the Executive Director Amy Willmann shared this little passage; this “18” passage in honor of 2018.  If you pull this up on your YOUVERSION APP or crack open you BIBLE you will see that this is just a portion of the passage and is taken from a fairly new translation, THE PASSION. 



I extracted this portion of the passage for today because of the amazing picture it paints of our HEAVENLY FATHER who in our DARKEST moments is not JUST AWARE of the challenges we face but is OUR CHAMPION. 

He has HIS EAR TUNED to our CRIES and HIS HEART is SOFT and RECEPTIVE to our CALLS for help.



WOW!



I work with so many who have felt those torrents; those who have experienced distress.  When I think of my OWN story I can honestly day I was at DEATH’s DOOR and my SOFT-HEARTED Father responded and rescued me.



WOW again!



So, I share it with you today to ENCOURAGE you!



Are you going through a challenging time?  GOD is listening.

Things DARK? GOD’s LIGHT is at the end of that tunnel!

Feeling alone, isolated or forgotten?

GOD is not too busy to lean in from His throne and OFFER His hand of help and HIS heart of empathy.



Believe that!



Doesn’t the promise of this passage warm your soul?

Doesn’t it instill a new assurance?



I hope it does.

It does for me.



Our heavenly Father understands our disappointment, suffering, pain, fear, and doubt. He is always there to encourage our hearts and help us understand that He's sufficient for all of our needs.

Charles Stanley






Love ya all!

Have a blessed DAY!

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment