Monday, January 8, 2018

DQT

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
My first Sunday of ’18 was not the best. 
 
I was looking forward to perhaps heading down to Wilmington to worship with and support my dear friends from the NEST as they were sharing with my colleagues from Clinton County but instead an occasional and very unwanted guest, diverticulitis, decided to pop in for a visit and derail things.
 
Thankfully “it too shall pass” is true and gratefully after 24 hours of intense discomfort, it did move on.
 
So, my alternative was to hunker down with the TV and tune into “church”.
 
And before hooking up with the FACEBOOK live feed of my home congregation, I stumbled across Pastor Ed Young giving his “NEW YEAR” teaching.  And he shared a simple little idea that I thought I would pass along on today’s OFH.
 
He said if you want to have a MORE successful, a more PRODUCTIVE, and a MORE BLESSED 2018 invest in a little DQT.
 
DQT=Daily Quiet Time.
 
That is good advice.
I have been doing that for years and it truly helps me to frame my days and keep me on track. In fact, my time at the computer each morning is my DQT so to speak.
 
I reflect on yesterday’s learning.
Spend some time in prayer.
Put on some good working music.
Write and “reset”.
And it is only after I do those things do I wade into the EMAIL’s, the calendar, the requests, and the “to do’s”.
 
My DQT is crucial to me getting out of the gate with PURPOSE and DIRECTION.  I am easily distracted so it helps me to focus and prioritize.  It also helps me to FIX my mind and energy on my HELP.
It keeps me disciplined.
Mark a life of discipline and live wisely; don’t squander your precious life. Blessed the man, blessed the woman, who listens to me, awake and ready for me each morning, alert and responsive as I start my day’s work. When you find me, you find life, real life, to say nothing of God’s good pleasure. – Proverbs 3:33-36 (MSG)
 
After listening and agreeing with Ed, the family retreated to the basement to tune into AHOP’s FACEBOOK feed and at the close of Pastor Mark’s talk HE TOO reminded us the IMPORTANCE of intentionality when it comes to our walk with GOD EACH day as we wade into the early days of 2018.
He quoted a fella named Clement Ogedegbe who said,
“It is not that life is short but that we waste it doing things that have no relevance to our life’s purpose.”
 
Lot of truth there.
So, can I encourage us to heed the good council of both Pastor Ed and Pastor Mark?
Let’s not WASTE today nor squander our opportunity for some DQT!
 
Let’s carve out some PURPOSEFUL DQT to spend with GOD.
Let’s allow it to energize and provide PURPOSE. 
Let’s be intentional. 
 
The DQT will open your ears and spirit to what GOD has for you today.
As the PROVERB said, wisdom and GOD are awake and READY to engage.  
GOD’s pleasure and purpose are waiting! 
Let’s not squander today!
don’t squander one bit of this marvelous life God has given us...
2 Corinthians 6:1 (MSG)
 
 
Love ya all!
Have a blessed DAY!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment