Wednesday, January 3, 2018

HEART SEARCH

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
search your hearts every day, my brothers and sisters, and make sure that none of you has evil or unbelief hiding within you. For it will lead you astray, and make you unresponsive to the living God.
This is the time to encourage each other to never be stubborn or hardened by sin – Hebrews 3:12-13 (TPT)
 
Hold tight to what is right!
 
The NEW YEAR always brings what?
Resolutions.
Lose weight. Exercise more. Engage the community better. Get that BIBLE STUDY started. Publish the book (that is being helped along by my bride for me).
 
But we all know what I am talking about.
No new ground here. No new revelation.
Why else would every other commercial be for Nutrisystem, the South Beach Diet, Andro400, etc.
 
We all love NEW beginnings!
NEW YEAR, NEW YOU!
 
But I believe a ROCK-solid RESOLUTION is the one articulated by the writer of HEBREWS in Chapter 3, that excerpt provided at the outset of today’s OFH.
 
SEARCH YOUR HEART every day!
Open each day with a look inside of IT. 

Is there bitterness there that could cause some trouble?
What about some lingering unforgiveness?
Are you harboring some conceit?  What about lust? (I will be honest these often are found during a little “heart cleaning” for me).
Is there a pesky sin or attitude that has taken residence in your heart?
 
Search it out. 
Pray it out.
 
As the writer reminds, IT (whatever IT is) will LEAD YOU ASTRAY.  We don’t want that!  This is a NEW YEAR and A NEW YOU! No need to let the old disrupt the new!
Don’t lazily slip back into those old grooves of evil…1 Peter 1:13 (MSG)
 
That way YOU and I can BOTH be RESPONSIVE to WHAT GOD has in-store for this NEW DAY and THIS NEW YEAR!
 
A clear heart will translate into a clear mind and OPEN conduit for the Lord to SPEAK, LEAD and DIRECT!
 
So, this is MY ENCOURAGEMENT; to not allow SIN’S deceit to upend the best of resolutions or plans for today!
And while the heart can be deceitful at times, when HONESTLY searched and examined, the heart WILL REVEAL what is invisible to the eye.
 
So, start today with this passage AND this PRAYER:
Psalm 139:23 (TPT)
God, I invite your searching gaze into my heart.
    Examine me through and through;
    find out everything that may be hidden within me.
    Put me to the test…
Amen
 
That will bring about “the NEW YOU” you want!
 
I love you all!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment