Wednesday, January 24, 2018

HIS PLAN

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
From:
 
I Hear His Whisper... "I hold the plans of your life"
 
"I have a life plan for you, a plan that was written into your life record before you were born. It is a plan to bring you to My heart and into My fullness. I am the God who created you and formed you in the womb. My gaze was set upon you before your eyes ever opened. My plan for you will succeed and you will one day say, "Abba, you do all things well!"
 
My timing is perfect, and I make all things beautiful in My time. What you see now is not what will be forever. There may be trouble in your family, but it will not last forever. There may be trouble around you, but it will soon disappear. I hold the plans of your life in My hands. The details of this plan unfold slowly, but with My divine fingerprints rest upon them. Set your heart on My faithfulness and don't be distracted by the impossibility that limits you. I am your Father and I have plans to prosper you and make you fruitful in My vineyard.
 
I hold your life dear, so give it back to Me and watch My work in your life. As your days pass by, you will look at your life and see My perfection and how I cherished you. Moments of mystery cannot hinder the hope that lives within you. Although you do not understand what I am doing in your present, turn your eyes upon Me and know that I hold the plans of your life, plans to flood you with endless delight and perfect praise. I love you My child, and will never allow you to be tested beyond the measure of My grace to keep you. Trust in My faithfulness, I will never disappoint you."
 
Ephesians 2:10 The Passion Translation
We have become his poetry, a re-created people that will fulfill the destiny he has given each of us, for we are joined to Jesus, the Anointed One. Even before we were born, God planned in advance our destiny and the good works we would do to fulfill it!
 
I opened with this narrative the other night in Elyria.
I was sharing with a wide and diverse audience of folks who are WANTING to understand, engage and help in the drug challenge we are facing as Ohioans in our communities and country.
 
And the reason for sharing this beautifully written sentiment from the perspective of the FATHER was to remind them, me, and those challenged by substance use disorder that we are TREASURED by GOD; that GOD has planned a purposeful and GOOD destiny for all of US!!!
 
Sadly, some of us derail it with bad choices and selfish pursuits but even then, GOD does NOT give up on HIS plan for us.  He as so eloquently penned, wants to BRING US TO HIS HEART and HIS FULLNESS.
 
Case in point:

Yesterday evening I was called to a little hotel in Centerville. 
I along with a dear colleague and friend Ben were ministering and opening a door to recovery for a good friend J.R.  He is an alcoholic. 
 
He was ashamed of the way he looked, the way he smelled, and the way he was shaking.  He felt he had let everyone down.  He was broken.  And yet it was such a beautiful thing to watch his countenance lift as I reminded him of the amazing truths shared in this little devotion and from the WORD of GOD.
 
That he could STILL step into the DESTINY that GOD had for him as a husband, a father, and a son.  That GOD had not, and we had not given up on him.  That his CONDITION was temporary, but his IDENTITY was PERMANENT, that he was and forever would be a child of GOD; someone the FATHER wanted to draw near to. (James 4:8).
 
He embraced that truth!
 
We put him on a plane and he is at one of the BEST treatment opportunities on the east coast.  Ben opened an amazing door of healing for him!
 
I share this today to ENCOURAGE and remind all of us of WHO we are in CHRIST of the AMAZING destiny that GOD has planned for us and of the unmatched love of the FATHER who despite our frailty and mistakes will NEVER disappoint us with HIS LOVE!
 
Remember:
God not only sees where you are, He sees where you can be.
Joyce Meyer
 
Pray for J.R.!
 
Love ya all!
Have a blessed DAY!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment