Thursday, January 3, 2019

19 for 19

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.


Last year early in January I penned a little entry called 18 in 18.  It was an OFH regarding the words of the Psalmist in Psalm 18.  So, while thinking about what to write about today the Holy Spirit prompted me to look at Psalm 19.  And starting in verse 7, I think it is a good “19 for 19”.

See if you agree:



God’s Word is perfect in every way;

    how it revives our souls!

    His laws lead us to truth,

    and his ways change the simple into wise.

His teachings make us joyful and radiate his light;

    his precepts are so pure!

    His commands, how they challenge us to keep close to his heart!

    The revelation-light of his word makes my spirit shine radiant.

Every one of the Lord’s commands is right;

    following them brings cheer.

    Nothing he says ever needs to be changed.

The rarest treasures of life are found in his truth.

    That’s why I prize God’s word like others prize the finest gold.

    Nothing brings the soul such sweetness

    as seeking his living words.

For they warn us, his servants,

    and keep us from following the wicked way,

    giving a lifetime guarantee:

    great success to every obedient soul!

Without this revelation-light,

    how would I ever detect the waywardness of my heart?

    Lord, forgive my hidden flaws whenever you find them.

Keep cleansing me, God,

    and keep me from my secret, selfish sins;

    may they never rule over me!

    For only then will I be free from fault

    and remain innocent of rebellion.

So may the words of my mouth, my meditation-thoughts,

    and every movement of my heart be always pure and pleasing,

    acceptable before your eyes,

    my only Redeemer, my Protector-God.



See what I mean?

What marvelous truth on this third day of a new year and a new campaign. Take a second and glean some of the awesome nuggets.



There is wisdom in the Word!

There is JOY in the Word; revival, treasure and a sweetness too! It cleanses, it guides, and it warns. It forgives and renews!



Pretty awesome huh?

So today, can I encourage you to embrace this 19 for 19? And may today’s words and meditations be full of this remarkable truth and guidance!



I love you all.

Have a BLESSED DAY!!!

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment