Monday, January 14, 2019

PROMISE in the PROCESS

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



“Value the process more than events.” – John Maxwell.

Powerful. Succinct. Poignant



Think about that for just a second.



Often it is easy to allow “events” to control our thinking. It is easy for us to allow “circumstances” to dictate our mood or levy our actions. And while “events” can be challenging and even devastating; a death or loss of job, Maxwell is reminding us to value the process. In other words, despite the “events” we encounter, we should always keep the big picture in mind; we should value the "process."



Paul agreed…

I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back. - Philippians 3:12 (MSG)



It is important for us to “keep running”, to stick to the “process”, to remain steadfast in our faith and our walk even when life’s “EVENTS” seek to bring us down or throw us off track. It will be worth it!

Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. - James 1:12 (MSG)



I am sure if we reflect, we can identify many times when life looked to derail, even “arrest the process”.

Chaotic days. Seemingly unresolvable challenges.  Missed expectations. Unexpected twists.



But the BIBLE is clear about “the promise in the process”.

And I am sure that God who began the good work within you will keep right on helping you grow in his grace until his task within you is finally finished on that day when Jesus Christ returns.  Philippians 1:6 (NLT)



My friends, there is power and promise in perseverance! There is joy to be discovered and experienced in the “process”; even when the “events” make it painful.

Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles (EVENTS) come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.

James 1:2 (ERV)



Perhaps the “events” have been piling up on you.

Perhaps the trials and troubles are mounting, and you are questioning this process stuff; even questioning if it will get better or if things will ever change.



Stay the course. Be patient. Stick to the process. GOD is faithful.

patience develops strength of character in us and helps us trust God more each time we use it until finally our hope and faith are strong and steady.

Then, when that happens, we can hold our heads high no matter what happens and know that all is well

Romans 5:3-4 (MSG)



I love you all!

Have a BLESSED DAY!!!

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment