Wednesday, January 16, 2019

SURREAL

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



Sorry I missed y’all yesterday. 

It was an early morning followed by a crazy full day yesterday, but each and everyone of you were in my morning prayers from behind the wheel.



And yesterday as I reflected on my Monday, a SURREAL Monday to say the least, the words “destiny and dreams” kept popping into my mind.  For Monday I was privileged along with Dr. Delaney to attend the Inauguration of our new Governor Mike DeWine as well as attend his gala that evening with roughly the “rest of Ohio” (it was very crowded, very!). Yikes!



But as Beth and I were Ubering back to our hotel after the gala, we both were taken aback by the day.  That is when Dr. D said it was SURREAL. Knowing where we were just 10 ½ years ago, facing divorce, broke, and without direction, it didn’t seem possible that we would be the guests of our new Governor on his first day at work. 



And I write this today from the same basement that for a time was my “hiding” place, a place of constant addiction and numbing, a place of painful solitude and despair. A place of broken dreams of a failed destiny. 

But today instead of despair I am eagerly anticipating “what is next”; not just with our work with Governor DeWine, but for all facets of the future.
Why? Because...

This…life you (we) received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It’s adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike “What’s next, Papa?... Romans 8:16 (MSG)



I have no idea what is next, but GOD does. 

He always has. 



And as I was sharing at the relaunch of a ministry in Middletown last night, GOD reminded me that he always has a plan.

He has a plan for this burgeoning street outreach, for each of the folks who were in attendance and for the leadership.

And he most certainly has a plan for you.

I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. – Jeremiah 29:11 (LB).



Our job is to walk in obedience and in His WILL. And when we do GOD often reveals a very unexpected future.  For while we look at our limitations, while we often allow our fears and insecurities to dictate to us, GOD doesn’t. He will achieve infinitely more than your greatest request, your most unbelievable dream – Ephesians 3:20 (TPT)



Why am I sharing this little thought today?



So often I encounter folks who believe that GOD has abandoned them, that their dreams will never be realized.  That they are destined for despair.


I was one of those people. 


But GOD has something amazing for all of us.  
It is up to us to CHOOSE it, to PURSUE it, to FOLLOW it, to EMBRACE it, and to be GRATEFUL in it.

Never forget friends, GOD wants us to be…

ready to be used for good works, which HE prepared for us beforehand taking paths which He set, so that we would walk in them – Ephesians 2:10 (AMP)



The question is will we take GOD at His Word? 

Will we dream?  Will we trust? Will we obey?

Remember…

“The only way you're going to reach places you've never gone is if you trust God's direction to do things you've never done.” ― Germany Kent







I love you all!

Have a BLESSED DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment