Wednesday, January 2, 2019

CENTERED and SUBMITTED

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



Be fair and just with those you share life with.

Make sure that your loving relationships are loyal and flexible.

Don’t take yourself to serious but be serious about GOD. -Pastor Mark Brooks

he’s already made it plain how to live, what to do,

what God is looking for in men and women.

It’s quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor,

be compassionate and loyal in your love,

And don’t take yourself too seriously—take God seriously.

Micah 6:8 (MSG)



I think it provides a wonderful blueprint as we wade into the first “work day” of 2019.



Remind yourself to act FAIRLY and JUSTLY today. (and every day!)

It is a WISE way to live; a WISE WAY to go about things.

Real wisdom, God’s wisdom, begins with a holy life and is characterized by getting along with others. It is gentle and reasonable, overflowing with mercy and blessings.

James 3:17 (MSG)



Then ask yourself, “how can I better my relationships today?”

Don Peppers simplified this a little when he said that “Being trustworthy requires: Doing the right thing. And doing things right.”



Commit to doing things right AND rightly. 

I don’t think we can go wrong, there right?



Lastly let’s “be serious” about GOD.



Perhaps you are like me and used yesterday to ‘map’ out the next few weeks on the calendar.  I will be honest I got a little overwhelmed with it.

There is so much to do!

And if I am not careful, I will find myself taking myself TOO seriously rather than letting GOD lead what needs to happen and what is important; letting GOD set the priorities; especially this year with so much “unknown” in my life and windshield!



Yet, I know that for my 2019 to get off to a GOOD and PRODUCTIVE start, I must keep things simple and CENTERED and SUBMITTED.

above all, continue to chase after God's kingdom-realm and His righteousness, then all these less important things will be given to you abundantly. Refuse to worry about tomorrow but deal with each challenge that comes your way, one day at a time.

Matthew 6:33-34 (TPT)



So, I pray that your 2019 gets out of the gate WELL and that your momentum is sustained throughout!

Herschel Walker that great Georgia Bulldog, once remarked, “When you look up, you go up.”



That is true!

Let’s keep our eyes upward!

Let’s take the good word and encouragement from Micah 6:8 and get things off to a GOOD start!!





I love you all!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment