Wednesday, October 29, 2014

PERSISTENT PRAYER

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

The greatest tragedy in life is the prayers that go unanswered because they go unasked. We give up too easily. We give up too soon. We quit praying right before the miracle happens. If you don’t take the risk, you forfeit the miracle. Take a step of faith when God gives you a vision because you trust that the One who gave you the vision is going to make provision. And for the record, if the vision is from God, it will most definitely be beyond your means. – Mark Batterson

Luke 1:37 (ESV)
…nothing will be impossible with God.

Have you given up the “dream”?
Have you thrown in the towel?
Been praying for a job…no job.  Been praying for healing…no healing.  Been praying for a financial breakthrough…no breakthrough.

I have been there.
In fact I am there right now.

“God what I am to be doing with the sudden interest and pressing expansion of FREEDOM RECOVERY MINISTRIES?”
“God what is the plan for our 'Hub of Hope', Simon Kenton?”
“God why are so many of my friends going back to the dope?”
"GOD what is my role with the pending opiate addicted mom's center?"
“God why do I continue to fail you in the same areas of my life?”

To me these things are my “impossibles”.

But like Mark states, I must continue to pray.  An "unuttered" prayer will go unanswered.  GOD wants me to ask.  GOD promises to answer.  And while it may not be the answer I desire, I have full confidence that He hears, He listens and He will respond!
Psalm 38:15
Lord, I wait for you to help me. Lord my God, I know you will answer.

Batterson goes on to say in the same book that PERSISTENT PRAYER is the “magic bullet”.

We tend to be a little "under-persistent" these days.  We have become accustomed to the quick fix and the microwave entree.  

GOD wants passion and persistence in our prayer.  He already knows the desire of our hearts, He already knows our needs, what He requires is our FAITH!  GOD wants us to exercise FAITH, that is what motivates Him, that is what PLEASES Him!
Hebrews 11:6 (LB)
You can never please God without faith, without depending on him. Anyone who wants to come to God must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely look for him.

So today’s question is this.  You have something impossible staring you down too?  Something in your cross-hairs that is bigger than you, intimidating you, or confusing you?

Be bold!  Take a risk!  Utter the prayer! GOD is listening! Be persistent. Pray without ceasing as Paul encourages.
TRUST GOD that HIS GUARANTEED answer WILL BE THE BEST answer.  And never forget…
The impossible is nothing for GOD.
 
I love you all
Be blessed!
Freedom Church
 

No comments:

Post a Comment