Thursday, October 2, 2014

SHARE THE GIFT



Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

While I was speaking on addiction yesterday with a group of juniors in the School of Nursing at CEDARVILLE UNIVERSITY, I found myself stressing the importance of them making themselves available to not just CARE for their patients in the future, but to MINISTER and spiritually serve their patients in the future as well.

Why?

Some of the most influential people in my recovery had nothing to do with the physiology of my recovery, my intensive post ICU therapy and psych services or even my doctors.  Rather some of the most important people in my recovery were those who ministered to me from “their gifts”.
Yes my nurses nursed but many encouraged too.
Chris F. served as a friend.
Mark B. served as context.
Scott C. was my ally.
Jay M. served as a colleague.

There were countless more but you get my drift. 

GOD brought person after person equipped with their own particular gifting to my need and they responded by “just being available” and “serving”.  It changed my life.  It changed my heart.

Yet far too often many believe that the “clergy” are the ones called to share the passion and possibilities of Jesus. But quite the opposite is true. 
GOD wants each of us to be ready to offer what HE has given us when called upon.

Maybe it is an encouraging word for the sad of heart.
Maybe it is a little hope for one who thinks that doesn’t exist. (ask me about Nick at Earth Fair sometime).

The point is this, GOD calls us to make available what HE has poured into each of us to HELP MINISTER and serve those around us and those HE INTERSECTS us with.
1 Peter 4:10 (NIRV)
God’s gifts of grace come in many forms. Each of you has received a gift in order to serve others. You should use it faithfully.

Don’t ever be duped into believing you are not GIFTED to serve another in love.  It is birthed in you from the beginning.  It is at the CORE of your SPIRIT for it comes from CHRIST’S very nature, the very nature of your SPIRIT!
Mark 10:45
Even the Son of Man did not come to be served. Instead, he came to serve others.

Never lose sight of the calling on your heart and spirit to be available and SERVE another.  Never think that what you have to offer or say is “not right” or “won’t fit”. 
Quite the contrary.

GOD often orchestrates meetings and intersections over the course of our days to “extract” those gifts for the betterment and service of another. Don’t miss your chance.

So today…
Be alert.  Be available.  Give grace.  Seek to serve!
Share your gift.
 
Have a blessed day!
I love you all
Freedom Church
 
 
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment