Thursday, October 30, 2014

SAYING GOODBYE TO GOOD FRIENDS

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

The definition of bittersweet is a combination of both bitter and sweet, or an emotional feeling that is a mixture of both happy and sad.
It was a bittersweet evening.

It was an evening when I was so happy for three of my favorite people on this big green and blue ball and at the same time sad for me.

It is hard to say goodbye to “good” friends; friends that over time have turned into family. GOD gave me a younger sister, another little brother, and one more daughter.  I am blessed. And I have learned there is always room for more family like these friends.

It has been such a pleasure to laugh and cry with them.  To wade into life and crisis as well as enjoy a lunch as a guest of Belle’s where enchanted castles and magical memories are made.  These three are special.

And while miles will separate us for a season or two, our hearts and spirits will always be as close as next door.  That is how it works with “true” friends.
Proverbs 17:17 (V)
A true friend loves regardless of the situation, and a real brother (sister) exists to share the tough times.

It is hard to say “see you later” to a “best friend”.  It is hard to pack the things of the little sister you never had so she can fulfill GOD’s next chapter in life.  It is never fun to look in the tear-filled eyes of the "kiddingly arranged” bride for your son as she moves to the new school, the new friends, and new opportunities.
It is bittersweet.

But GOD built us for friendships like these.  He blessed relationships at the outset of time.  He knows how they fulfill us, bless us and change us.  He knew that friends would sharpen us, inspire us and energize us. He knew they would be special.
“Words are easy, like the wind; Faithful friends are hard to find.” ― William Shakespeare

So I embrace the bittersweet taste as I pen this today. 

And I reflect today on just how fortunate I am to have shared some life for this all too brief season with my “Morris-mates.” 

As I have recovered and gotten a little grayer, GOD has changed my heart about things like friends.  For so long I worked so hard to “please people” so they would embrace me as a friend. GOD introduced me to David, Shannan and McKenzie to show me that friends are blessings from Him; things to be cherished like gold and preserved in the heart, not to be won over.  GOD opened my eyes to 3 who reflected Himself and shared His love to me and with me.  For that I have no real words.  For that I have no real prose.
Thankfully GOD does…
Proverbs 27:9
Just as lotions and fragrance give sensual delight, a sweet friendship refreshes the soul.
These three were and will continue to be refreshment to my soul.

My encouragement to all who read this today is simply this…embrace those “true friends”, “your good friends”.  Thank GOD daily for them.  Praise GOD daily for them.  Encourage them to dream dreams and reach for the impossible even when it may hurt a little to do it or be a little unpopular.  You won't regret it!

So in closing today to my friends David, Shannan and Kenz, I say goodbye tearfully but willingly by being reminded from that wise sage Winnie the Pooh…

“We'll be Friends Forever, won't we, Pooh?' asked Piglet. Even longer,' Pooh answered.”…
…“We’ll be Friends Forever, won’t we Morris’?' asked Pastor G. “Even longer” GOD answered.

Even longer.
 
I love you all
Be blessed!
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment