Friday, October 3, 2014

SNUGGLE UP

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Psalm 119:1-8 (MSG)
You’re blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by God. You’re blessed when you follow his directions, doing your best to find him.
That’s right—you don’t go off on your own; you walk straight along the road he set. You, God, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it.
Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set; Then I’d never have any regrets in comparing my life with your counsel.
I thank you for speaking straight from your heart; I learn the pattern of your righteous ways.
I’m going to do what you tell me to do…

For the MONTH of October at my little home church we are hosting a MID-WEEK opportunity for worship and “teaching”.  This past Wednesday one of our Pastors, our discipleship Pastor Bri, shared HER love for the WORD of GOD. 

She encouraged us to not just be in the habit of reading it or “consuming” it, but rather allowing it to SPEAK to us, direct us, admonish us, and guide us.  That is what led me to sharing a portion of the PSALM from which she shared above.  
Her talk focused further down in it's verses, but I found the opening to be PERFECT for me and maybe you today. Really a PRAYER for every day don’t you think?

Pastor Bri shared how on occasion she even invited her OVER-SIZED copy of GOD’s word to "snuggle up" between the sheets of her bed with her at night; believing I think that GOD through osmosis would have a continuous Word for her. 

Don’t roll your eyes or giggle.

GOD can do anything for the one who has FAITH to hear even when our hearing is on hiatus.

The point today is this.
The PSALMIST provides a simple charge in today’s passage if we will “snuggle” up to it as well.

GOD’s WORD can inspire yours.
GOD’s WORD will point you in the right direction today.
GOD’s WORD will permeate your spirit, steady your steps offer counsel in crisis if we just "snuggle up".

I particularly love this line…
…thank you for speaking straight from your heart…

Friends, GOD is waiting to talk with you today HEART TO HEART.  Open His Word.  Open your HEART. Start "snuggling" it; HIDING it to draw Him nearer to you so that you can FIND that steady walk and DO what HE has asked you to do today!
Psalm 119:11 (CEB)
…keep YOUR word close, in my heart, so that I won’t sin against you.

GOD’s Word needs to be so much more than words on a page or a manual for living.  It must become “part of you” and the only way that happens is for you to open it up and allow it to SPEAK and direct you.

For that is exactly what it was designed to do.
2 Timothy 3:15-17 (MSG)
Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another—showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God’s way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us.

So "snuggle up"!
 
Have a blessed weekend.
I love you all
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment