Friday, April 13, 2012

BROKEN ONES


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
There are still certain nights where my old insomnia still kicks in. A little friendly by-product from some past indiscretions they tell me…J. But here of late GOD has used my little moments of sleeplessness to deliver a message whether from Dr. David Jeremiah or Bayless Conley, James Merritt or as in the case this morning, send me this little song and lyric for today.
You see I am headed to Columbus today for some meetings with our Women’s Sober House Partner, with my dear Ms. Peggy (no not Ms Piggy…sorry Kermit…J) and the team from Nelsons and the REFUGE.
These folks have dedicated their lives, time and talents to the ones lifted in this song; “The Broken Ones”.
It is the broken ones that we are called to serve. Not just in the frame of FREEDOM Ministries, but in the context of our interactions each and every day.
GOD called us to minister to and point the broken to Him, the Great Healer, the one with the needle and thread to patch up the hurting, the One with the depth of compassion to mend the heart of that battered, bruised and lost.
I want to encourage you today to heighten your awareness to those who may be broken around you; maybe there is a diamond in the rough as the song says in the cubicle next to you, right beside you on the factory floor or across the desk.
Be aware, be ready, be available for these are the ones GOD has called us to serve; the broken ones.
Matthew 25:34
34 "Then the King will say to the people on his right, 'Come, my Father has given you his blessing. Receive the kingdom God has prepared for you since the world was made. 35 I was hungry, and you gave me food. I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink. I was alone and away from home, and you invited me into your house. 36 I was without clothes, and you gave me something to wear. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.'
“THE BROKEN ONES” – Talley Trio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORD1kCCOe_E
Maggie came home one day with a raggedy, Raggedy Ann.
She said " Mama, look what I found in the neighbors garbage can."
It had a missing left arm, and a right button eye hanging by a thread
She carried it gently up to her room and laid it on her bed
with her other dolls.
Chorus:
She loves the broken ones, the ones that need a little patchin' up
She sees the diamond in the rough and makes it shine like new
It really doesn't take that much, a willing heart and a tender touch
If everybody loved like she does, there'd be a lot less broken ones.
Twenty years later at a shelter on Eighteenth Avenue
A seventeen year old girl shows up all black and blue
with needle tracks in her left arm, almost too weak to stand,
She says, "I'm lost and I need help", as Maggie takes her hand
And says, "Come on in!"
Chorus
Bridge:
If you call her and angel, she'd be quick to say to you
She's just doing what the one who died for her would do
Love the broken ones, the ones that need a little patchin' up
See the diamond in the rough and make it shine like new
It really doesn't take that much, a willing heart and a tender touch
If everybody loved like He does, there'd be a lot less broken ones
If everybody loved like He does, there'd be a lot less broken ones.
Have a blessed weekend
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney




No comments:

Post a Comment