Wednesday, April 18, 2012

NO FEAR HERE


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“What are you afraid of?”
I was with one of my mentors yesterday and we spent a few minutes talking about the numbing power of fear.
You know it is the enemy’s favorite weapon against us don’t you?
Fear of change, fear of ridicule, fear of the unknown…all created and perpetuated by the enemy. How can I be so sure…?
2 Timothy 1:7
For GOD has NOT given us a spirit of fearand timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
That is how I know.
And even though that we HAVE that TRUTH to hold on to, that doesn’t stop the enemy from firing shots of fear at our hearts and minds continuously like a Gatling-gun on auto-fire.
And let’s face it fear is a powerful emotion that is difficult to control.
It can freeze us in place and make it hard for us to protect ourselves. It attacks our ability to trust. It compromises our ability to relax in relationships. It takes over our thought processes, and we have trouble focusing and learning. It stunts our growth, limits our potential and will cement us in our “junk” and sin if we allow it.
We try to repress intense fear. We push it down and cover it up with other emotions like anger, depression, and anxiety. But it keeps bubbling back to the surface.
I witnessed and experienced this first hand last week in an intervention. An overwhelming and crippling fear of failure had hunkered down and dug it’s talons into a friend who needed help. And as we pressed toward an opportunity to break free from it and enter a place of help, the fear pushed him into an all-out rage.
But PRAISE GOD, we were able to counter that fear with its proven antidote, FAITH, and that individual has taken his first step to recovery.
Yet, I want you to ask yourself the question today.
Am I plagued with fear? Am I allowing it to stunt my destiny or craft my character?
If so, I have good news!
That TRUTH from 1 Timothy makes it clear that God is telling us that we can triumph over fear.
He has given us a spirit of power, LOVE, and self-discipline.

1 John 4:17-18

New Living Translation (NLT)
17 And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.
18 Such love has no fear, because PERFECT LOVE dispels all fear.
Remember friends, God's love is perfect, and He loves you. As you grasp hold of that truth, you will be able to trust Him more. And when you do, when you begin to understand how much He loves you, you will begin to triumph over those moments of devastating, crippling, numbing fear! You will experience a NEW confidence and be able to face and overcome it!
Don’t believe me? EXERCISE your FAITH and watch out!
Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Talk to God about it. Prayer and petition! Believe AND KNOW that He loves you--and thank Him for His love…DAILY, “MINUTELY” if you need do. Remember the enemy won’t quit, so neither can you!
HAVE FAITH, PRESENT the challenge in thankful and prayerful petition as commanded and you WILL be able to walk in peace, not fear!
START NOW!
Prayer
Lord, thank you for loving me. Thank you for giving me a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline. Help me to trust you more, to accept your perfect love. I know that only then can I overcome fear "because the LORD sustains me. I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side. (Psalm 3…)"
In Jesus, Amen!
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney




No comments:

Post a Comment