Monday, April 9, 2012

THE WISDOM OF EXPERIENCE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Before I start, I was watching a little of the Master’s final round yesterday and boy what a testimony Bubba Watson delivered.
I am hopeful that before the end of the day today someone posts his entire press conference. He delivers a rock solid testimony about priorities; family first and most importantly his unabashed faith in the resurrection. Sadly, the GOLF CHANNEL cuts their video before he shares his EASTER testimony, but I am sure it will surface later today. If it surfaces I will post it on the blog at AHOPXENIA.COM. It is worth the 15 minutes.
But during the telecast I actually sent myself a little note of something I heard a commentator share.
He said, “Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want.”
Man oh man is that insightful.
For me, it implies that there are NO WASTED motions in life that we constantly need to be learning; learning from our success but also learning from our failures and disappointment.
But as recovers, we tend to not handle our failures or those “experience moments” very well do we? We aren’t much for learning.
We sulk. We complain. We get discouraged. Even "use".
But what good does that do us?
GOD’s word tells us to “do just the opposite”.
Proverbs 28:13 (NCV)
If you hide your sins, you will not succeed. If you confess and reject them, you will receive mercy.
That got me to thinking about “setbacks”, life’s failures, when we “don’t get what we want when want it”. Just how DO we handle it?
Do we see the lesson? Or do we choose to sulk?
Maybe you have experienced a recent setback.
Take this little quote to heart and ask yourself, “What SHOULD I be gleaning from this experience. Do I have some un-confessed sin or behavior that is hindering me? What is GOD saying to me?”
Then instead of sulking, look for the lesson that God is trying to teach. Instead of complaining about life’s sad state of affairs, learn what needs to be learned, change what needs to be changed, and move on. View the failure or the setback as an opportunity to reassess God’s will for your life. And while you’re at it, consider life’s inevitable disappointments to be powerful opportunities to learn more—more about yourself, more about your circumstances, and more about your world.
You will be blessed.
Proverbs 3:13
Happy (blessed, fortunate, enviable) is the man who finds skillful and godly Wisdom, and the man who gets understanding [drawing it forth from God's Word and life's experience.
There is no question life can be difficult at times. And all of us, (me especially) make mistakes. Our job is to confess them, learn from them, accept the grace and move forward from them.
I like this little quote…
Mistakes offer the possibility for redemption and a new start in God’s kingdom. No matter what you’re guilty of, God can restore your innocence. Barbara Johnson

1 John 1:9 (NIV)

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
…and this little prayer…
Today’s Prayer
Lord, I know that I am imperfect and that I fail You in many ways. Thank You for Your forgiveness and for Your unconditional love. Show me the error of my ways, Lord, that I might confess my wrongdoing and correct my mistakes. And, let me grow each day in wisdom, in faith, and in my love for You. Amen.
I love you all.
Let's learn.
Freedom Church

Pastor GDelaney




No comments:

Post a Comment