Monday, April 16, 2012

PRAISE WEAPON

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Yesterday’s worship set…“My praise is a Weapon”, “We’re Blessed”, “Lord, I praise You”, “Here I am Worshipping You.”
All calls to praise, all exhortations to lift the name of Jesus, to Honor His presence, to magnify Him in all things!
And while those songs and those calls for praise fit so well into a Sunday worship set, our praise can't be limited to our "Sunday singing". We are called to be a "constantly praising" people!
And I know that raises a question or two.
Questions like...
Am I to praise when my job situation is in jeopardy or I can’t find one?
Am I to praise GOD when my little girl and even “littler”grandson are at risk?
Am I to praise GOD when I feel like I have lost everything and everyone?
YES!
Because praise HAS INCREDIBLE power! It lifts the spirit, it changes perspective it illuminates the blessings in our lives and most of all it keeps the enemy at bay!
Now I fully understand. When life is hard, when things are going poorly, praise surely doesn’t seem to fit, but it really DOES!
How?
Praise blesses God. The WORD says that God inhabits the praises of His people
Psalm 22:3
But You are holy, O You Who dwellin [the holy place where] the praises…[are offered].
Praise tells God that you believe in Him. Praise tells Him that you know He is able, more than able to handle any situation. Praise is faith turned inside out. And GOD responds to that with PEACE, ASSURANCE, COMFORT AND CONFIDENCE!
Like I said, praise changes our perspective.
Listen, if God can just open His mouth and speak worlds into existence, if Jesus can take a little bit of mud and spit and restore sight, if He can raise a friend back to life with simply a command, THEN GOD can surely handle any enemy, any situation, any miscommunication, illness, scary surgery, troubled relationship that could ever threaten to destroy us.
It is why we begin EACH DISPATCH with “HAVE YOU PRAISED HIM?”
I know for a fact some of you right now feel totally overwhelmed (one of them lives with me), hemmed in and on the verge of certain collapse and destruction. Here is the answer!
Pummel it with PRAISE!
Psalm 95:1-2
Come, let's shout praises to God, raise the roof for the Rock who saved us! Let's march into his presence singing praises, lifting the rafters with our hymns!
Because…
Isaiah 54:17
no weapon that is formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall show to be in the wrong.
Have a praise-filled day!
I love you all…
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney




No comments:

Post a Comment