Tuesday, April 10, 2012

SHARE LOVE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
I was blessed to spend a little time with my leaders last night. And while it was quick; a rapid fire update…more of a “what is next” and “what is going on” than a chance to fellowship, GOD still showed me something as we blazed through the agenda.
GOD showed me again that I am blessed. GOD showed me again that He has blessed me with a fantastic, albeit an eclectic team; a team that understands “how to love” others. There is no question about that.
I won’t sugar coat it. Sometimes this ministry can tax your “lovingness”. Feelings get hurt, there are disappointments; truth is this ministry is stressful. But as I looked into the eyes of my team, many who have been through so much, seen so much and have overcome so much, I know that my team understands what it is to LOVE others.
And that is what it is all about, right?

Mark 12:29-31

New International Version (NIV)
29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[b] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[c] There is no commandment greater than these.”
So I thought I would take this chance today to remind and inspire all of us to “take a hard look” at “HOW” we love. You see GOD has instilled in HIS children via the Holy Spirit, a SPIRIT of LOVE and GOD has given explicit criteria for love...
1 Corinthians 13
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
So ask yourself the tough question today.
Am I loving GOD and loving others like that?
STEADFASTLY?
UNSELFISHLY?
HUMBLY?
GRACIOUSLY?
CALMLY?
FORGIVINGLY?
HONESTLY?
PATIENTLY?
EXPECTANTLY?
RESTORINGLY?
FERVENTLY?
How are you doing?
It is good from time to time to be reminded of GOD’s immeasurable love for us (John 3:16 ring a bell?) and that HE has called us to LOVE OTHERS like that.
It is not a job or an obligation, it is a CALLING that should permeate us and be expressed in our attitude and actions; it should be our NATURE.
For loving is our fullest expression of obedience and testimony!

John 13:35

The Message (MSG)
34-35"Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other."
So I encourage you today. Take a page from my wonderful team and share love.
Let me start.
I LOVE YOU ALL.
Have a blessed day.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment