Monday, July 16, 2012

GOD HAS GOT YOU!

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
I have been working a couple of new cases this past week. Now here it is Monday and to be honest, “we”haven’t made a tremendous amount of “progress”. Oh we have had a ton of conversations and we have explored the opportunities for treatment and deliverance, and while I am hopeful that the tide will turn, one key decision has not yet been made by those in crisis; the decision to turn their will and their lives over to the will of GOD.
Pride and denial are still in charge of these situations. The thought of letting god and letting GOD seems crazy because they believe no one will be there to take hold of them.
But that is not the truth!
Psalm 94:17
The minute I said, "I'm slipping, I'm falling," your love, God, took hold and held me fast.
The truth is Jesus tells us that letting go is the only way to real recovery; to life!
Matthew 16:25
New Century Version (NCV)
25Those who want to save their lives will give up true life, and those who give up their lives for me will have true life.
But fear has them in its grip.
Maybe you are struggling with “letting go and letting GOD" in a situation or circumstance in your life. Maybe the enemy is trying to convince you as he has convinced them that a new life is not available; that recovery is impossible, that GOD is not going to catch you, that GOD isn't there to help.

Yet once we decide to let go of the control of our will and our lives, something wonderful is promised. Jesus says of those who turn their lives over to him:

John 10:28

New Century Version (NCV)
28 I give them eternal life, and they will never die, and no one can steal them out of my hand.
Really read that. Once we let go, we are FOREVER secure. NO ONE can steal us from HIS HAND! When we finally find the courage to let go, God is waiting to grasp our lives firmly and hold them securely for all eternity.
Therefore…
“Why wouldn’t we run to God? He’s so good. God’s not mad at anybody. He just wants to help us be the best that we can be.” Joyce Meyer
I ask you today to pray with me today as I and others convey this message of letting go and letting GOD. Pray that GOD will move those gripped with fear to a place of trust and release!
I love you all.
Have a blessed day!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment