Thursday, July 5, 2012

I WON'T BE OVERWHELMED"




Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

ARE YOU SEEKING?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Psalm 143:7-10
…God! I'm nearly at the end of my rope. Don't turn away; don't ignore me! That would be certain death. If you wake me each morning with the sound of your loving voice, I'll go to sleep each night trusting in you. Point out the road I must travel; I'm all ears, all eyes before you. Save me from my enemies, God— you're my only hope! Teach me how to live to please you, because you're my God. Lead me by your blessed Spirit into cleared and level pastureland.

I know there are times where maybe I talk a little too much about times when it is “too much”, but when a day unfolds and rolls along like yesterday, I see it as a call to seek GOD to try and make sense of it.

In the Psalm passage above David was clearly having a “too much” moment.  He was distraught.  He was desperate.  It is likely he had tried to sort all of “it”, whatever “it” was out and was coming up empty.  And in spite of his seemingly overwhelmed condition, he held it together surmising that while his condition was critical, he was going to seek GOD for the answer. 

He was all eyes, ears and I sure a few other senses to boot.  Yet his most important revelation is summed up in a simple phrase, “GOD you are my only hope.”

There is intense truth in that statement.  For without GOD there truly is no hope.  Yet with Him, there is a glimmer in the dark, there is a balm for injured and there is rest for the weary.

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.



There is solace and strength for the storm.

Psalm 55:22 NASB

Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you: He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.

We live in a chaotic world.  Relationships go into the ditch. Friendships take dark turns. The unexpected happens.  We experience threats, changes in climate, and sometimes crisis in our lives. A few of these crises may even be monumental in scope.  Truth is life here on earth can sometimes feel like an endless series of tests with nary a moment to breathe in between.

Yet when crisis comes we must learn to respond as David responded; by drawing closer and more intensely to the LORD, listening for purpose, seeking understanding, gathering needed comfort, and tapping much need sustenance.

I know that those who reached out yesterday are not alone.  You too may be facing a crisis situation. 

Don’t panic.  Trust GOD.

Psalm 121:2  (MSG)


1-2 I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains?
No, my strength comes from God,

who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.

I love what Catherine Marshall perspective. It aligns with David’s and is great “counsel for the crisis”.

Recently I’ve been learning that life comes down to this: God is in everything. Regardless of what difficulties I am experiencing at the moment, or what things aren’t as I would like them to be, I look at the circumstances and say, “Lord, what are you trying to teach me?”

Catherine Marshall

Just to reinforce the point even more, I have included a wonderful song to encourage you as well.




Have a blessed day.

I love you all.

Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment