Monday, July 9, 2012

TRADEMARK TRIALS


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Whew…
It is rare that you will ever hear me say, “Sure am glad it’s Monday.” But in a way I am grateful that the weekly calendar has flipped, that the sun has come up, the heat index has become at least tolerable and there is a fresh new slate out in front in me.
Why?
Because I don’t want too many more weeks like last week.
Don’t get me wrong, I have never been more blessed than I was both Sunday and Monday of last week. Those events are still glowing within my spirit. In fact, thanks to a beautiful box of cards, I am getting to cherish our FREEDOM Anniversary almost daily.
What I am referring to is the seemingly outright onslaught waged by the enemy last week.
New challenges, old wounds reopened, heartbreak, loss; in other words pain, dotted the days; trials were the trademark. If I shared it once I shared it 100 times…
Psalm 30:5
…Crying may last for a night, but joy comes with the new day.
There is a little saying I have heard, “Pain Is Inevitable, But Misery Is Optional”
James says it this way…

James 1:2

New Living Translation (NLT)

Faith and Endurance

2 Dear brothers and sisters,[a] when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.
Pay close attention to that “when” in the verse. James doesn’t say “if” trouble comes, he says“when” trouble comes. You see there is no guarantee that life is going to be puppy dogs, rainbows, cotton candy and cool breezes. Life makes no promises to be “easy”. Life really only “guarantees”one thing.
Trials.
John 16:33 (NLT)
…Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.
Truth is, life is loaded with moments and seasons of trials, oppression, and misunderstandings. And just because we have embraced recovery, just because we have become a Christian, we do not become immune to these things.
Trials and pain are a part of life. Remember, life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.
That is why that little quote is profound.
Pain is inevitable (that is the 10%) part of life. Misery is optional (that is the 90%) and it alludes to our reaction.
So ask yourself the question, “How do I react?
Do you see the trials as opportunities for learning as scripture suggests?
James 1:3
New Living Translation (NLT)
3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.
Do you see them as compliments (thanks JR)?
Or are you leaning toward the “misery” side of the fence, resentful for every detour and bump in your way?
I know it is tough to see the glass half full sometimes. I know it is hard to find the silver lining when the rain is falling.
But the WORD tells us WE CAN and WE SHOULD.
So let’s try today!
1 Peter 4:12-13
12 Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. 13 Instead, be very glad—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world.
Have a blessed day.
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment