Wednesday, September 5, 2012

FRIENDS

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
I’m just back today from quick trip to the east to be with some dear friends and their kids.
While there we had a chance to do a lot of fun things; eat crab, tube on the Sassafras River, boat on the Chesapeake Bay, you know “cool east-coast” stuff. I dearly love my shipmates, the Kaiser's.
But way more important than the fun, way more significant than the water-sports was the FELLOWSHIP.
Having the chance to just share life, share kids, share experience and share friendship with dear people is what made this past weekend so special to me.
You see for far too long I took my relationships for granted, I discounted the others in my life in favor of a relationship with addiction. And now that GOD has freed me from that horrible association, He has blessed me with a new SPIRIT that appreciates the energy and blessing that comes from “real” relationships.
You see, GOD built us to be relational.
Just look at His primary command to all of us.
Luke 10:27
He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ ; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”
That is a call to be relational.
We are to LOVE GOD. That means we are initiate LOVE. Express LOVE. Embrace GOD. The same holds true for our relationships with our neighbors. We are initiate, express and embrace in love them as well. For it is when we do, GOD opens the door to LIFE for us!
Proverbs 4:21
…Those who discover these words live, really live;
body and soul, they're bursting with health.
There is nothing more invigorating than sharing time with GOD and with those for which we care the most deeply.
So I encourage you today. Pause for a second. Think about your dearest friends; those “neighbors” who are most close to you. Break from your routine and thank GOD for them today. Love them as you love GOD. Say a prayer for them as you say a prayer this morning to GOD.
Appreciate them as you appreciate GOD.
Romans 12:9-10
…Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it. Be good friends who love deeply…
I appreciate you all, my friends.
Have a blessed day
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment