Thursday, September 20, 2012

P.I.T.V.

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

There is an old gospel song called “Peace in the Valley”. Elvis even recorded it so you know it’s a golden oldie.

The lyric says…

“There will be peace in the valley for me, some day

There will be peace in the valley for me, oh Lord I pray

There'll be no sadness, no sorrow

No trouble, trouble I see

There will be peace in the valley for me, for me”

I was talking with someone yesterday who was just confused. “Why all this trouble for me?” she said. "It just surrounds me".

We have all said that at one time or two haven’t we? I don’t think any of us could honestly say that we have not had a moment or two in life when we were frustrated, hurt, or maybe even pushed to the brink; confused by the world.
In other words "in the valley."

And I believe that I can be bold enough to say that in those times we may have even wondered “where was GOD" in all of it.

But real truth is penned in the lyric of that song because there is “peace in the valley”. Peace in the valley for you and for me.

How do I know? Because He promised!!

Philippians 4:7(NLV)

7 The peace of God is much greater than the human mind can understand. This peace will keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Peace that KEEPS us!
Peace that is bigger than us and is certainly bigger than our valleys.

And yes while the valleys are dark and sometimes the valleys are deep, we are never alone in the valley.
That is the truth.

Hebrews 13:5

…God assured us, “I’ll never let you down, never walk off and leave you,” we can boldly quote,

God is there, ready to help;

I’m fearless no matter what.

Who or what can get to me?

So claim that today! Who or what can get to us?
Overcome us?
Rob our peace?
Nothing!
Troubles come. Troubles will test us. Troubles may even evolve into trials. But they will subside.

Psalms 30:5

…weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

The bottom line is we ALL need to trust the lyrics of that old hymn. GOD promised to be present in our valleys and since HE is there, then PEACE is there as well.

1 Corinthians 14:33

For God is not a God of disorder but of peace…

Have a blessed day.

I love you all.

Freedom Church


Pastor GDelaney



No comments:

Post a Comment