Thursday, September 27, 2012

OUR ADVOCATE



Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“I’m praying for you”
What a reassuring phrase that is.
It is great to hear it from friends or family members or to see it posted on our FACEBOOK wall. And when we offer it to others we should take it seriously. It shouldn’t be one of those phrases casually tossed around because it is what “Christians” say to each other. If we say it, we should mean it because it packs a wallop.
James 5:16
...The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
And as awesome as it is to have friends praying for us when we go through “stuff”, it is even more remarkable that Jesus Himself is continuously praying for each and every one of us.
I think we sometimes miss that.
We get so wrapped up in the problem or the challenge that we forget that sitting to the right of Almighty GOD is our translator, our supporter and our intercessor and He has "got it".
Romans 8:34
…Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
Today I want us to be reminded that Jesus has delivered and continues to deliver prayer after prayer for us. He did before. Just look…
John 17:11
…Holy Father, keep them safe by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they will be one, just as you and I are one…
John 17:15-17
…keep them safe from the Evil One.
16 They don't belong to the world, just as I don't belong to the world.17 Make them ready for your service through your truth; your teaching is truth.
John 17:21
…Father, I pray that they can be one. As you are in me and I am in you, I pray that they can also be one in us.
John 17:24
…"Father, I want these people that you gave me to be with me where I am. I want them to see my glory, which you gave me because you loved me before the world was made.
…and He continues today.
1 John 2:1
…we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous.
So be comforted today. JESUS is saying, “I am praying for you.”
Have a blessed day.
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment