Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"SACK THE SULK"

 
Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Are you a “sulker” or are you a seeker?
What do I mean?
When life deals you a challenging circumstance; maybe a lost job, a family challenge, or perhaps something from your past decides to resurface and “crash the party” so to speak, how do you react?
Does anger win and you curse the challenge?
Does apathy win and you ignore the challenge?
Maybe bitterness reigns and you resent the challenge.
Perhaps fear takes center stage and you run from the challenge.
Or maybe you just stare at it and sulk.
“I can’t do anything”. “No one really wants to help me.” “This is all someone else’s doing, and I deserve a pity party”.
Ever do that? Sulk over situations until you are paralyzed?
I know I have.
But what good does sulking do?
It messes up our mood. It keeps us defeated. It clouds our creativity.
I am positive that “woe is me” was never on a sign in a locker room or a plaque in an executive’s office.
That is why I am encouraging you today to “sack the sulk” and instead “start to seek”!
Did you know that you have a winning solution to problems in your hip pocket at all times?
Romans 8:31
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Romans 8:37
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
We are more than conquerors!
The solutions to life’s challenges are presented to us when we SEEK not sulk! When we trust not trivialize. When we believe not BLAME!
GOD doesn’t take a break when our lives get hard. He doesn’t pull His help from the table so He can watch us squirm. NOT AT ALL.
GOD is right there, in the mess ready to offer help, offer wisdom, offer strength, send us counsel, open doors, and send us expertise.
Isaiah 41:10
Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.
So let’s be SEEKERS today and "sack the sulk"!
Have a blessed day.
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment