Thursday, September 6, 2012

KNEES

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“Fight your battles on your knees…”
That is one of Charles Stanley’s favorite “go to” quotes.
I like how Psalm 37 says it too.
Psalm 37:
5-6 Open up before God, keep nothing back;
He'll do whatever needs to be done:
He'll validate your life in the clear light of day
and stamp you with approval at high noon.
7 Quiet down before God,
be prayerful before him.
Yesterday was an “on your knees” kind of day.
And while I might have started the day standing, by the close the only place to go was to GOD.
You know that old song, “Where could I go but to the Lord.”? Well that sums up yesterday.
All the other avenues had been explored, the other solutions tested and the other experts lobbied. And the answer was clear. This was one of those “on your knees” kind of things.
Romans 8:26
… the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness.
Jesus knew days like this.
As He was preparing to face the cross in the garden where did He go?
“On His knees”
Prior to His test in the wilderness?
He was in constant communication with GOD.
Jesus’ example reveals that the key to winning life’s battles is WITH GOD, listening to GOD and responding to GOD.
I daily work with a ton of folks who are very smart; folks who have a lot of letters behind their names and degrees on their walls and while their counsel is important I’ve learned that GOD must have the primary and final say.
I know I am merely infantile in my walk with GOD, but I am learning that until I wrestle things out alone with the Lord, until I do my best to hear what He is saying, I will not have the FULL answer. That is not to say I don’t flop and flummox around on my own steam more times than I would like to share.
But I am trying to learn.
Perhaps you are in a similar place today.
Maybe you are embroiled in a conflict. Maybe you are up to your eyes in uncertainty. Maybe there is a new challenge emerging on the horizon.
Whatever it may be, spending time alone with God, “on your knees” so to speak will help you to discern what to do. For when we do, when we "be still"…
Psalm 46:10
“Be still, and know that I am God!
…when we go to our knees, we place the consequences of our decision into the hands of an all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful God who holds the past, present, and future in His hands.
And that is the best place for all of it.
Have a blessed day.
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment