Friday, May 10, 2013

FORGETFULNESS SEA


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
From Max this morning:
Next time your day goes south, here is what you do: Steep yourself in the grace of God. Saturate your day in His love. Marinate your mind in His mercy.
He has settled your accounts, paid your debt.
“Christ carried our sins in His body on the cross.”
"And I will remember their sins no more."
That was yesterday for me. My day went so far south I was sure there was a SOUTH POLE penguin in the tub last night mocking me.
I hate days like that.
We had a little glitch at the JEREMIAH TREE with the power (something I should have taken care of and forgot). That caused a little “team-strife” We got word of a couple of very sad relapses. And I decided to respond with some selfish, self-serving behavior by opting out of some ministry opportunities in lieu of mindless entertainment under the guise of "fatigue".
One thing is for sure, I will not receive “Pastor of the Year”nominations for yesterday’s adventure. in fact I hope to quickly forget May 9, 2013.
But you know what is very cool?
GOD already did.
And thank GOODNESS He has!
I woke up with new mercy and new grace; to new opportunities and a fresh slate! So did you!
Lamentations 3:22-23
It is because of the Lord’s loving-kindness that we are not destroyed for His loving-pity never ends. 23 It is new every morning. He is so very faithful.
I am grateful for that!
I am so very thankful I have a GOD who doesn’t just forgive but FORGETS!
"And I will remember their sins no more."
GOD erases the board, destroys the evidence, burns the microfilm, and clears the history! He doesn’t remember! He doesn’t keep a list in the vault. When I woke up and accepted that grace this morning He didn’t peer over His nose and say “DELANEY, why should I forgive you for yesterday? You have done that 526 times before in May alone!"
No instead He promises…
Psalm 103:12
as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
Today, especially today, I am so thankful for the promises of GOD’S amazing FORGIVENESS but HIS mindboggling FORGETFULNESS as well.
Helen Baylor has a wonderful lyric I will leave you with today to wrap this little thought up…
Sea of Forgetfulness…
I stand before you guilty and unworthy
How can I be forgiven and holy?
And I know I break your heart
But you promised I could start all over
and all the things I've done
you've placed them each and every one
Into the sea of forgetfulness
You've placed all of my sins
For I'm the one who keeps reminding you
Over and over again
Into the sea of forgetfulness
As far as the east from the west
Seventy times seven
You've forgiven me
And you keep cleansing me
And placing my sins into the sea of forgetfulness
You welcome me with open arms of mercy
In spite of all I've done
You still keep loving me
And I only need to ask
and you erase all my past forever
My debts have all been paid
and they've all been washed away...
It’s your unfailing love that covers me
and all my multitude of sins
It’s your steadfast love
that keeps reminding me that I'm forgiven
Placing my sins into the sea of forgetfulness
I love you all!
Have a blessed weekend!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment