Friday, May 3, 2013

THOSE PESKY CHOICES




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Vance Haver has said, “The greatest choice any man makes is to let God choose for him.”
Good quote. I know I should try what it says. Lord knows (and yes I do believe He does) my heart wants to serve Him, follow Him, honor Him, and represent Him to the fullest. My problem is too many times each day my heart and my brain are on different wavelengths. And what goes on and is encouraged by my BRAIN sometimes is NOT a good reflection of my heart.
I make ridiculous choices.
I have silly self-centered thoughts.
I entertain knuckleheaded and sin-soaked notions and temptations.
I don’t “represent” quite like a Pastor should.
But if I could really embrace that thought from Vance, I know that my choices and consequently my walk and life would be so much sweeter, so much more impactful and so much more fulfilling.
It is up to me.
Bill Bright says it this way…
“Every day, I find countless opportunities to decide whether I will obey God and demonstrate my love for Him or try to please myself or the world system. God is waiting for my choices.”
Doesn’t that drive you crazy sometimes? That GOD is a gentleman? Doesn’t GOD realize just how goofy and jacked up my "gray-matter" can be? Why doesn’t He just short-circuit this whole FREE WILL thing and take the pressure off?
But GOD didn’t craft drones and robots. He made us to make choices.
And our lives are a series of choices. From the instant we wake up in the morning until the moment we nod off to sleep at night, we make countless decisions—decisions about the things we do, decisions about the words we speak, and decisions about the way that we choose to direct your thoughts.
So will you join me in the effort today to let GOD direct those choices; to making the choice to let our SPIRIT’s lead.
Galatians 6:8
If you live to satisfy your sinful self, the harvest you will get from that will be eternal death. But if you live to please the Spirit, your harvest from the Spirit will be eternal life.
Ezekiel 18:20
If you live upright and well, you get the credit; if you live a wicked life, you’re guilty as charged.
The choice is mine and yours.
I love you all!
Have a blessed weekend
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment