Tuesday, May 7, 2013

LET HIM HAVE IT




Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Do you ever feel like you are losing your grip?

You know what I mean don’t you? Those times when the circumstances and situations of life are starting get bigger, heavier and more complex than you can manage.

Maybe you bit off a little more than you can chew at work or school.

Maybe you have found yourself overcommitted and under-resourced.

Maybe you are trying to juggle one too many balls and keeping them off the ground is becoming increasingly stressful.

Maybe there are too many targets and not enough ammunition.

Maybe the heat of life is getting to be unbearable.

You are getting my drift right?

How do you respond when that happens to you?

I will be honest. I tend to respond very “fleshily”.

Now I know that isn’t really a word, but it most effectively describes my response. I have the tendency when I start losing my grip to try and steady myself and GRIP even harder, even add one more ball, intensify my focus, get up earlier, and work a little harder. And even though that strategy has failed innumerous times, I, being the slow learner I am, try it over and over again.

And while I am there going bananas, GOD is standing right next to me making a very simple request.

“Let me have it”.

Matthew 6:34

God will help you deal with whatever…

Yet I continually say, “But GOD, I got it. Really I got it. Just give me a second, I have some thoughts, an answer; I think I even have a fix worked out.”

Then GOD, and I am sure this is the case we me, let’s out an exasperated sigh and says “Ok, when you are done, I am here.”

Why do I do that? Why do we do that?

Why when things get out of control do we try to seize control of things we can’t control?

It doesn’t make much sense does it?

Especially when GOD reminds us again and again that when things get out of control we need to let HIM have control.

John 14:1

Let not your hearts be troubled…

So here is what I am going to try and do today and perhaps you will join me. I am going to heed some good counsel I received last night and when life begins tries to throw one more ball into the juggling act or turn up the heat one more degree, I am going to “let GOD have it.”

Matthew 11:28-30

…Come to me. Get away with me…I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.

You hear that?

That is the curtain closing on this juggling act for today.


I love you all!

Freedom Church


Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment