Thursday, May 30, 2013

ME? AFRAID?

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Hebrews 13:6
…we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
Can we?
Or maybe the better question is do we?
Do we really take this scripture, this WORD from GOD Himself seriously? Do we approach life, relationships and challenges fearlessly knowing GOD has our back and our front to boot?
I know I don’t.
I know I have had some real bouts with fear in my day.
Fear I couldn't tie my shoes from the shaking of withdrawal.
Fear of failing at whatever I pursued after being fired from a job cutting vegetables.
Fear I am being evaluated. Fear of disapproval.
Fear is gripping, relentless and has incredibly bad timing. And there is no question, fear is real and fear is “tool one” in the enemy’s tool bag.
Why?
Fear opens the door for so much “other lovely stuff”.
Comparisons.
Jealousy.
Anxiety.
Anger. Just to name a few.
But GOD WIRED us to be impervious to fear! Don't think so? Think again.
2 Timothy 1:7 ESV
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
POWER! LOVE! SELF-CONTROL!
Almost daily people parade into my office at both FREEDOM and the JEREMIAH TREE beset by problems rooted in fear. Fears caused by poverty, homelessness, compulsion and loss; fears that pile on top of one another like a twisted set of dysfunctional Lego’s or worse yet a JENGA tower waiting to collapse.
But I want to encourage them and you today! Don’t allow FEAR to fault your future! Instead take GOD at His Word and believe!
Isaiah 41:10
FEAR NOT, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will FEAR NO evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
And these are just 2 of the numerous exhortations from GOD for us to be fearless!
Let's do this today.
Let's take GOD at His Word and draw upon that POWER and LOVE that GOD infused within us and put those fears to flight!
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear…
Joshua 1:9
Remember...be strong and brave. Don’t be afraid, because the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment