Wednesday, March 12, 2014

IMPOSSIBLE? MIRACULOUS!


Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

The text read, “I can’t take another step.”
The family said, “Why bother, she is an addict.”
The doctor said, “The tumor hasn’t grown, but it is still there.”

Impossible situations.
Overwhelming circumstances.
Seemingly no way out, around, through or over in sight.
The prognosis' were bleak.
The future dark.
The options were few.
BUT FOR GOD.

Last night that really good looking lady that lives with me, my wife, read from a little book the line, “Miracles happen when we are faced with the impossible.”

Don’t know if you knew it but GOD is still in the business of the miraculous.

He is!
For real!

Jeremiah 32:27
“I am the Lord, the God of every person on the earth. Nothing is impossible for me."

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, “For people this is impossible, but for God all things are possible.”

Now do you believe me?
Well hold on to your hat!

That one who couldn’t take another step?  My team moved her from homelessness and desperation to a newly renovated apartment this week.  Hope restored!  Options opened.

The addict?  She is tracking toward her first year clean and wears a smile that lights up a room not to mention some of the biggest "cross" earrings I have ever seen!

And that doctor’s report?
All I can say is “what tumor” because there is NO tumor!  Seriously NO TUMOR!

Like I said, GOD is still in the miracle business.  And I get a front row seat most days.  Families reconciled, jobs offered, homelessness resolved, addictions defeated, doctor's confounded, hope restored!

All GOD asks of us is to have FAITH; to believe HIS truth!

Remember GOD is not motivated by our NEED.  From his perspective He has handled that little dilemma!

Philippians 4:19
And it is he who will supply all your needs from his riches in glory...

Instead GOD is motivated by our FAITH!  Faith that in its smallest increment packs an overwhelming punch!

Matthew 17:20
…if you had faith even as small as a tiny mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move!’ and it would go far away. NOTHING WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE!

Now I don’t know what you are up against today; bad doctor’s report, a financial uncertainty, maybe a family challenge.  What I do know is if you EXERCISE a little FAITH, GOD can turn those apparent impossibilities into the miraculous!  Don't believe me?

Okay.
Believe Him!

1 Peter 5:10-11
So keep a firm grip on the faith. The suffering won’t last forever. It won’t be long before this generous God who has great plans for us in Christ—eternal and glorious plans they are!—will have you put together and on your feet for good. He gets the last word; yes, he does.
 

Have a great day!

I love you all!
Freedom Church
 
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment