Monday, March 24, 2014

PROTECTED


Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Yesterday was a powerful day at our local church, AHOP in Xenia.  We are in the middle of a series and focus on SPIRITUAL WARFARE.  For some the thought of SPIRITUAL WARFARE seems a bit spooky or too ethereal to believe.  But without question, it is most certainly real.

Day after day I watch it in action from behind my desk, I hear it over the phone, and see it in the eyes and challenges of my clients and friends.
There is no question in my mind that this battle, this WARFARE, and this passage are most definitely REAL!

Ephesians 6:12
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

This especially rings true for those to whom I have been called to minister; the addicted.  If I have had one conversation, I have had hundreds with folks who desperately want the FREEDOM of recovery and the possibilities of a changed life only to be dragged back into the challenge over and over again by a “power” that overwhelms them.

Even traditional recovery formats like AA acknowledge the presence of SPIRITUAL WARFARE.  Step 2 from the BIG BOOK makes no bones about it.

Step 2: Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

If we acknowledge that we need something greater than us to recover then we are most certainly acknowledging that something greater than us is hampering or worse yet derailing our attempts to progress.
That is why the NEXT STEP for the addict is so crucial to fighting and WINNING in this WARFARE.  But this step is not exclusive to just the ADDICTED.  It is a STEP for ALL of us for it SHOWS US the WAY to VICTORY in this WARFARE!

STEP 3: Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God.

Those along this DISPATCH NETWORK understand WHO GOD is and that GOD is truly our REFUGE and STRENGTH for this ongoing battle and challenge!

Psalm 91:1-6
We live within the shadow of the Almighty, sheltered by the God who is above all gods. This I declare, that he alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I am trusting him. For he rescues you from every trap and protects you from the fatal plague. He will shield you with his wings! They will shelter you. His faithful promises are your armor. Now you don’t need to be afraid of the dark anymore, nor fear the dangers of the day; nor dread the plagues of darkness, nor disasters in the morning.

All we need to do is allow Him to do what He is capable and desires to do, PROTECT US!

I will have more to say about this ongoing battle and as the weeks unfold I will come back to it time and again.  But for today, I want to encourage each of you to TAKE HEART!  For while we all are in a difficult battle and it is true that some days the challenge and warfare can be wearying, remember we are protected!

So step into today confidently knowing you can surrender and trust your will and day today to a GOD who will “rescue you from every trap and shield you with HIS wings!”
 
And there is nothing spooky about that at all!
 
Have a great day!
I love you all!
Freedom Church
 

Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment