Tuesday, March 18, 2014

NO FEAR JUST FAITH - MARCH 17


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
After wrapping up a wonderful day of worship and sharing with the folks at Ledbetter Road Church of GOD, I was on my way out of the church when I had the privilege to chat with fellow named Donald.
Now before I go further, it should be noted that Donald truly embraced his “Donaldness” as was evidenced by a little key around his neck sporting the image of Disney’s Donald Duck. He even provided quite the impression of Mickey’s beloved foil. Needless to say Donald was a lot of fun to chat with.
But Donald’s purpose for finding me following my talk was to share with me about his love for poetry, writing and acronyms. He showed me a little notebook of his inspired writing and creativity. I will admit it was quite the collection.
And I am always impressed with people who embrace the talent that GOD has blessed them with and use it to inspire others. In fact I encouraged Donald to not stop with the notebooks but to find a way to publish his work. He said that was in the works. So keep your eye out for the poetic musings of Donald in the future. You will be pleasantly moved.
But as I turned to head to my car he handed me a little tiny business card sized piece of notebook paper. On it was scribbled, L.I.F.E. written vertically on the left and right side of the paper. Donald wanted me to have it to help me this week.
Above the little acronym on the left was:
For the Christian we are:
Living
In
Faith
Every day
Above the little acronym on the right was:
For the sinner they are:
Living
In
Fear
Every day.
A simple message but spot on! A profound reminder of how blessed we are to have GOD on our side as we step into another week.
For Donald’s little encouragement in rooted in truth! The LORD HAS offered all of us freedom from our fears!
Psalm 34:4
He freed me from all my fears.
Joshua 1:9
Don’t be afraid, because the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
And we all from time to time need to be reminded that as followers of GOD we can approach everyday with courage and hope! We have been equipped to face this day and every day boldly and confidently; fearlessly in fact!
2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
So let’s thank Donald today and embrace his simple encouragement as we step out into another week of challenges and uncertainties. Let’s be reminded that GOD is striding ahead of us in all that we will do and encounter; that GOD has not just our back but has fully surrounded us in his protection and provision!
Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong. Take courage. Don’t be intimidated… because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He’s right there with you. He won’t let you down; he won’t leave you.
Let’s live this day and every day in faith and not fear!
Thanks Donald.
Have a blessed day!
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment