Monday, November 3, 2014

COME TO ME

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“We got this”, we say.
He says “Let me have it”.

We get frustrated and discouraged.
He encourages our faith.

We stumble about in the dark looking for answers.
He reminds us that He is the LIGHT of the world.

We fool ourselves into thinking we are self-sufficient.
And He reminds us that only His GRACE is.

Did you wake up today with a tough week staring you down?  Maybe an unexpected turn of events has wrecked your plan.  Maybe someone who you were counting on can’t answer the bell and has left you a little short-staffed or over-matched.
We are a “silly bunch” sometimes.  Thinking we can do this on our own. A prideful arrogant and puffed up lot for sure.

I wonder why that is when He says…
I am the Lord your God, I go before you now
I stand beside you, I'm all around you
Though you feel I'm far away, I'm closer than your breath
I am with you, more than you know
I am the Lord your peace, no evil will conquer you
Steady now your heart and mind, come into My rest
Oh, let your faith arise, lift up your weary head
I am with you wherever you go
Come to Me, I'm all you need.
Come to Me, I'm everything

I am your anchor, in the wind and the waves
I am your steadfast, so don't be afraid
Though your heart and flesh may fail you, I'm your faithful strength…

This little lyric was shared with AHOP in Xenia yesterday.    
But on a Monday it makes so much sense to share its message.
  
For why when He is all we need, why when He will anchor us, stand with us, go before us and help us to conquer what is in front of us would we ever go it alone?  
Why would we arrogantly think our plan was better for this day? Why wouldn’t we accept HIS OPEN INVITATION and HELP?
I don’t know.  
And I will admit am guilty of doing just that almost daily.  That is why I am going to start today by coming to Him and then moving from there.
Wish to join me?
Isaiah 48:17
I am the Lord your God who teaches you for your own good, who leads you in the way you should go.
 
 
I love you all
Be blessed!
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment