Thursday, November 20, 2014

THANK HIM


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“I hope you have a awsome day! ty for your help im vary thankful to have met you. you gave me my hope back. and my faith godbless you!”

Isn’t that nice?

That was a text I got early yesterday morning.  It was out of the blue from someone quite frankly I haven’t chatted with in a little while.  She was recently homeless and hopeless.  But GOD changed all that.

Here was another one…
“I love him pastor Greg he's my everything”
That one was from someone who just returned home from surgery.

How about this one?
“18 Months clean today thank you god could not have done it with out him”

I love those texts.  They are such reminders!

So many times we “go to GOD” with the laundry list of troubles and needs and forget to THANK HIM and ACKNOWLEDGE Him for what He already IS doing.

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” ― Epicurus

I have 9500 texts in my phone right now.  The reason I have 9500 is because my phone doesn't hold 9501. But none are more precious that these 3 I got yesterday.

They were powerful reminders of how crucial it is to THANK GOD moment by moment for EVERYTHING!
Ephesians 5:20
Always give thanks to God the Father for everything.

Thanksgiving is a week away.  How about we dedicate these NEXT 7 days to truly THANKING GOD?  Clearly it can be as simple as a text of acknowledgement or a kind word to someone GOD has intersected with your life or who has blessed you.

But let's do it. Be intentional.

Before the "list of needs" prayer, utter a little thanksgiving first.
Got breath? Thank Him.
Got breakfast? Thank Him.
Going to work? Thank Him.
Got a coat? Thank Him.

“The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.”  ― Henry Ward Beecher

Psalm 111:1-3(MSG)
Hallelujah!...give thanks to God with everything …God’s works are so great, worth A lifetime of study—endless enjoyment! Splendor and beauty mark his craft; His generosity never gives out. His miracles are his memorial—
 
Thank Him!


Love you all
Freedom Church
 

No comments:

Post a Comment