Tuesday, November 18, 2014

RENEW - 11/17/2014 - Missed Post

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

“I’m washed, I’m forgiven, I’m whole, and I’m healed. I’m cleansed and I’m glory bound. I am only a sojourner on the earth. I am but a pilgrim on this planet, on my way to perfection, and I don’t need anybody to tell me who I am, because I know who I am. I am a child of the King, a son (or daughter) of God, born again through Jesus Christ, bought with the price of His blood. I am a new creation, totally new, thoroughly loved and completely accepted as a child of my Father, precious in His sight.” – Myles Monroe

That scripture and that quote reflect my Brother Mike this morning.

Recently he emerged from jail hopeless and with no direction or prospects.  There was no job waiting.  There was no family waiting. His service to our Country was sadly a distant and painful memory.  

Drugs and alcohol were his only friends, his confidants and his refuge.
Stepping from the cell back into civilization seemed daunting and pointless.  There was nothing.
Nothing BUT GOD.

And yesterday as Mike shared his story prior to completing his obedience to GOD and being baptized, he recognized and acknowledged that GOD’s hand has been on him; that GOD had renewal in mind for him all along! 

He shared brushes with death.  He confessed to years of addiction.  He opened his heart and bared his soul.
And then GOD does what GOD does.  GOD delivered. GOD renewed.
1 John 1:9 (V)
But if we own up to our sins, God shows that He is faithful and just by forgiving us of our sins and purifying us from the pollution of all the bad things we have done.

GOD renewed the HOPE!
GOD renewed his heart!
GOD renewed the energy!
GOD renewed the possibilities!
GOD took the lid off of the NEW and let Mike have a look!
Isaiah 43:19
Behold, I will do a new thing…

GOD cleared the slate for my friend Mike yesterday; washed him as white as the snow that falls outside my window today.  My tatted and tired brother came out of the water refreshed and renewed! 

It was a beautiful sight.

But GOD is in the renewal business. 
Whether it is His mercies that were renewed with the dawn or His boundless grace that turns the bleak into blessed and the condemned into consecrated, GOD loves to RENEW!
Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.

Perhaps you need a little renewal today. 

GOD is open for business.  Open your heart and mind to Him. He will do for you what He did for Mike.
He will renew! Just ask.
Psalm 51:10 (NLT)
Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me.
 
Love you all
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment