Wednesday, November 5, 2014

"I'M BLESSED"

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

She answered the phone.
I asked the obligatory “How are you doing” question knowing that she wasn’t doing the greatest.  Whenever you have to ask for room “thus and so” in order to speak to someone you know the person on the other end “could be better”.
But her answer was the answer she always gives.
“I’m blessed Pastor Greg, I’m blessed”.

A baseball size tumor in her back causing her breathing issues and discomfort, a team of doctors who are still deliberating as to what to do, no real direction on what was in store or next steps and she was “blessed”?
Remarkable.  But not unexpected.  Not from her.

To be honest, I am not sure I would have answered so directly and positively. I likely would have expressed some frustration with the process or maybe exhaled a little fear rather than praise. 
But not my friend.

She has been through so much, seen so much, experienced so much, hurt and feared so much, a little tumor or “whatever-noma” wasn’t stealing her joy; wasn’t getting her down.
Not yesterday.
And I am pretty sure not today either.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (ESV)
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

My friend whether she knows it or could quote chapter and verse embodies and embraces this powerful suggestion from the Apostle Paul.
She gives thanks always.
She sees blessing in all things; in all circumstances; even when she is tethered to a few machines in a hospital room.

Could I say the same of me today?
How about you?

Guess what? We both are blessed today.  We both have reasons to rejoice.
GOD has given us the hope of life forever today.
GOD infused air into our lungs and let our blood keep flowing.
GOD has promised provision and direction for this day ahead with no request from us whatsoever.
GOD HAS blessed us already.
Philippians 4:19
You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding...

So let’s take our cues from my bed-ridden buddy this morning.  Let’s not allow ANY temporary inconvenience or challenge keep us from remembering the ever present, ever flowing blessing and HOPE of GOD.
James 1:12 (V)
Happy (BLESSED) is the person who can hold up under the trials of life. At the right time, he’ll (she’ll) know God’s sweet approval and will be crowned with life. As God has promised, the crown awaits all who love Him.
 
I love you all
We ARE blessed!
Freedom Church
 

No comments:

Post a Comment