Thursday, September 24, 2015

THE LIE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
It promises euphoria and delivers pain.
It promises escape and delivers bondage
It promises relief and delivers oppression
It promises fun and delivers tragedy
It promises acceptance and delivers rejection
It promises a high and delivers the lowest of lows – death
 
Heroin
 
It portrays itself as friend, but it is most certainly the most cunning and deadly of foes.
 
It is a lie. - GD
 
But we shouldn’t be surprised because the one who leverages it as spiritual weapon of war is a liar, a murderer and a liar.
…a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. – John 8:44 (ESV)
 
I know this is a little dark this morning.  Might even be a little “too specific” to what we are doing with the Attorney General, our Champions, the REFUGE and FREEDOM, but I felt compelled to share it this morning.
Why?
 
I just shared those same thoughts yesterday during a funeral for a 42 year old friend.
 
You heard correctly, a 42 year old man who succumbed to the lie.
 
His brave mother wanted those in attendance to hear the truth.
She wanted anyone in attendance who was “buying the lie” a chance to cash out and start fresh.
I admire her for her courage.
I admire for her amazing selflessness.
 
Truth is there were several “practicing addicts” in the audience yesterday.  There were even a couple who were visibly hostile toward my little talk.
 
But I didn’t water it down.
They need reminded of the battle they and we are up against.
 
It is a battle between light and dark.
Between truth and lies.
Between life and death.
 
But maybe you are in your own battle?  Believing a lie?
Maybe yours lie is depression.  Maybe your lie is anxiety. 
Frustration, discouragement, hopelessness all lying to you?

Maybe yours isn’t named HEROIN but maybe you need the same TRUTH that I shared yesterday to bring comfort and open doors of FREEDOM!
 
Come back to God, your God. And here’s why: God is kind and merciful. He takes a deep breath, puts up with a lot, This most patient God, extravagant in love, always ready to cancel catastrophe. Joel 2:13-14 (MSG)
 
…respect the Lord. This will give you something to hope for that will not disappoint you. – Proverbs 23 (ERV)
 
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
And saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the Lord delivers him out of them all. – Psalm 34:18-19 (NASB)
 
If the lies are clouding your thinking and progress today, pray this over yourself and allow the TRUTH to DIFFUSE the lies!
  
Psalm 31(ERV)
Lord, I come to you for protection. Don’t let me be disappointed.
You always do what is right…
Listen to me. Come quickly
Be my Rock, my place of safety. Be my fortress and protect me!
Yes, you are my Rock and my protection.
For the good of your name, lead me and guide me.
Save me from the traps the enemy has set.
You are my place of safety.
Lord, you are the God we can trust.
I put my life in your hands.
 
IN JESUS NAME
AMEN
 
Have a blessed day…
I love you ALL!
FREEDOM CHURCH (CHAMPIONS NETWORK)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment