Thursday, June 2, 2016

BLESSING BUSINESS

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

It is days when I am doing what I was doing yesterday that GOD blesses me a little extra.  He knows my love for encouraging others to find their voice and to exercise their call to and for the addicted and it is in settings like yesterday at the Columbus Hyatt that those little intersections tend to happen and they happened all day.

Case(s) in point:
·      Brother-in law needed help for his sister’s husband who is deep into his heroin challenge.  Connected them to the REFUGE for orientation next week!  Pray that he will see the way clear to try!

·      A lady who felt compelled to come over and “see what we were all about” hands me her card.  She has felt the call of GOD to help women allow their brokenness to bring them to the foot of the Cross.  She lives in Miami County She was frustrated because she felt she was going it alone.  It was AWESOME to see her face light up when I began to share names and contacts in her county who would be willing to walk with her.  It was so cool to enlighten her that Hope Over Heroin was coming to Troy, her home town, in July.  It was truly a divine moment when I shared about other women who were on the same journey that she could link arms with!  
    She teared up.  So did I…

·      The founder of a prominent recovery facility who in the past has found faith-based opportunities offensive and ineffective.  In fact he is a pronounced skeptic. “I am not religious”, I think were the words.  And yet after a quiet cup of coffee and sharing our philosophies and hearts for the hurting, he has agreed to give “my Jesus thing” a second chance and I agreed to tour his facility in hopes to potentially partner for detox services.

I could go on.
I am going back later today for round two then off to Pickerington to officially launch a new Champion’s team.
GOD knows my wheelhouse. 
And I don’t have time to mention the 4-6 individuals who asked, “How can my church get involved?” or the long discussion with my table neighbor about 2 Timothy 3.

It was a blessed day.
But why am I sharing this with you?

For GOD blessed me with what blesses me yesterday.
He is good Father that way.

Yesterday he allowed me to be…
…enriched in every way… 1 Corinthians 1:5 (NIV)
I am so grateful!

But I am not special!
GOD wants to bless all of us with what blesses us!
GOD knows every detail about us.  He knows what makes us tick, what trips our triggers and He loves to bless!
He takes pleasure when good things happen – Psalm 35:27 (V)

So pause for a second.
Has GOD blessed you with what blesses you of late?
Pretty sunset?
The laugh of a grandchild?
An enthusiastic greeting at the door by your beloved pooch?
An unexpected text?
How about a pat on the back just at the right time?

GOD is in the blessing business friends!
Don’t miss ‘em!  Thank Him for ‘em!

“God is always trying to give blessings to us, but our minds are usually too full to receive them.” ― Shannon L. Alder


I love you all!
Be blessed!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment