Tuesday, June 28, 2016

REMAIN

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“I came to Him because I did not know which way to turn. I remained with Him because there is no other way I wish to turn. I came to Him longing for something I did not have. I remain with Him because I have something I will not trade. I came to Him as a stranger. I remain with Him in the most intimate of friendships. I came to Him unsure about the future. I remain with Him certain about my destiny. ― Ravi Zacharias

Who is Ravi speaking of?
Jesus of course.

I have written many times about “orientation day” at the REFUGE.  It is a time when men who don’t know WHICH way to go are given a way to turn.  It is a time when men who know there is something missing are given a chance to find “IT”, a time when uncertainty and loneliness are traded in for hope and belonging.

And yesterday like many Monday’s and the Tuesday’s of the past several men waded into the opportunity to change things.  That included a man brought by a new Champion, NW.  She is a dogged and inspired woman dedicated to changing the destiny of those around her haunted and oppressed by addiction.  What I appreciate most about NW is she is absolutely FEARLESS.  No audience is too big, no challenge or roadblock too tall. 

She without hesitation or equivocation wants those who GOD has placed in her path to not just discover hope and opportunity but as Ravi says over and over again, she wants to see them REMAIN as she has REMAINED (3+ years now)!

Friends it is easy in time of crisis to COME to Jesus.  It is natural to gravitate toward Him when the times are tough or the desperation is at a fever pitch.  The question is do we REMAIN in Him when the pressure is relieved? 
Do we remain in Him when the storm passes? 
Do we REMAIN in Him when times AREN’T so tough?
We should.
He ENCOURAGES it strongly. 
John 15:4 (NIV)
REMAIN in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you REMAIN in me.

You didn't choose me - I chose you
My peace, my joy I leave with you
If you're my friend, here's what you'll do...
Remain in me – J Brian Craig

I am prayerfully enthusiastic and hopeful for NW’s candidate for the REFUGE as I am for the several others who entered a new chapter of possibility and community yesterday.

I pray that their searches would end.
That the confused longings would be fulfilled; that they would no longer see themselves as strangers but as friends of GOD.

Yet how about you?
Choosing to “remain” in Him today? 
Or are you going it alone or disconnected?

Let’s both resolve to “sticking with God” – Lamentations 3:22 (MSG)
Let’s remain in the belonging, the friendship and the assured destiny GOD has offered us!

Remember:
“The branch cannot produce anything on it's own. However, if it remains attached to the vine, it will receive life-sustaining sap, nourishment, strength, everything it needs.” ― Charles R. Swindoll


I love you all.
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment