Wednesday, June 22, 2016

HE WILL

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Psalm 142:5-7 (ESV)
I cry to you, O Lord; I say, “You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.” Attend to my cry, for I am brought very low!
Deliver me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me! Bring me out of prison, that I may give thanks to your name!
The righteous will surround me, for you will deal bountifully with me.

Ever cried out to the Lord that way?
Crying out with at least a little faith?

There is no question that David was in some trouble & under some pressure, and while rickety was still “sort of confident”. 

“I cry out BECAUSE I know YOU GOD ARE my REFUGE and PORTION!”  He says. 

I believe he is also saying,
“Look Lord, I am asking you to ATTEND to my cry BECAUSE you have before. I am trusting that you like me see what I am up against and as a result you will deliver and I pray will free me from it!”

I have been right where David was in my life before. 
Have you?

Those times when we KNOW from our experience and from the WORD of GOD that the trouble we are in or the challenge we are facing is NOT too big for GOD or hasn’t escaped GOD’S attention, but we feel the need to REMIND HIM of it, to make sure it is on HIS RADAR. 
Have you done that? 

Say things like, “GOD I know you are my ever-present help, but just making sure you remember you said that ok?”
Or
“GOD I know you will never leave me or forsake me and my every need comes from your hand, I am just making sure that you are fully aware of the needs and the challenges on my plate ok?”

We WANT TO exercise that faith that comes from our experience and our knowledge but our feelings, circumstances, and our impatience cause us to forget.  
The pressure clouds the truth that GOD is forever faithful and He will do as He says.

Maybe this is just me saying things like,
“GOD I know your word says that I should be anxious for nothing, but right now I am wondering if you see that deadline looming in the distance that is causing my anxiety as clearly as I do.”  "Just making sure it didn’t slip through the cracks or get misplaced on your rather full desk!”

My gut says I am not the only one.

And yes while David’s desperation is evident he does help us by navigating his way back to the truths and promises of GOD in verse 7.

The righteous will surround me, for you will deal bountifully with me.

I think what David came to the place when he knew that was time to stop crying out.  
It was time to trust. 
He remembered that his challenges were no match for GOD’S assured providence.  
He REMEMBERED that His cries were not being ignored. That if he reached out in trust, GOD would provide the necessary resources and support; that GOD would DEAL bountifully with him. 

Unpack that for a second.
We often cry out to GOD with no real hope.  We forget his promises, we forget that He promised to GIVE life to us in an abundant fashion (John 10:10). 

So while yes we may be feeling the pressure, GOD sees the beginning from the end and He hasn’t left our side or relinquished the reigns. 
He WILL deal bountifully with us.

I don’t believe GOD ever judges us harshly for the panicked times or the crying out.  Perhaps these circumstances have purpose.  Perhaps the panicked times are all part of GOD’S efforts to reshape as well as remind us of what we should already know.

That HE, GOD is our refuge.
That HE WILL bountifully deal with us.
That HE WILL provide the resources and be our ever present help.
And HE WILL deliver us in the time of trouble.

For HE WILL.

I love you all.
Be blessed.
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment